Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Oct 2010, 6:20 pm

I stretch like a cat, pop my joints, eat a piece of fruit, and turn on some music.

When I'm in school, I wake up, decide on staying in bed for five more minutes, crawl out of bed like a sloth, eat breakfast, drink coffee, get dressed, and lie on my bed until I absolutely have to leave.

I do like the morning, but I can't seem to get my body to like it.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2010, 8:23 am

Get up, eat cereal if I'm up early enough (I want there to be a big enough gap between breakfast and dinner so if I'm up at 11 no breakfast, there's no point.), have a wash/bath and get dressed then go about the rest of my day.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Oct 2010, 9:04 am

I usually go to bed in the mornings but my schedule is not very consistent. After i get out of bed; I'll use the bathroom if I need to & brush my teeth if I have a nasty taste in my mouth; after that i usually get on computer & check email & stuff

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 Oct 2010, 12:50 pm

i usually get up and make coffee, then get online and stay there all day. :jester:

thehandmedown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Oct 2010, 10:12 pm

Work days: wake up stand around eat shower brush teeth stand around until I leave for work.

Non work days: play video games

space_cadett
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2010, 12:47 am

- My routine at the moment is stay awake until past 3 a.m.
- Alarm goes off at 7:15 a.m., I mash the Radio button to shut off the annoying alarm and fall asleep again dreaming about whatever they are yammering on about on the radio. I try and think what the hell to wear and it makes me tired and I fall back asleep.
- I wake up again at 8 a.m. with 20 minutes to catch the bus, seems like plenty of time. I make a cup of tea. I'd better check to see what the weather is like, open up the laptop... then
- I look at the clock at 8:35, die a little death, whip on the closest decent thing I can find to wear, stuff everything I might possibly need that is in eyesight into my schoolbag, call a cab and get the hell to work. And if it's school, I sleep in until 15 minutes til my class starts by mistake.

It's a terrible routine but the weird thing is it really is a routine all the same and I'd say 85% of my mornings are like this every year. I really need to make a change to my routine. If I can actually stick with it, it means I'll probably keep it forever. But that means first and foremost shutting off the computer and putting away my homework before midnight, so I can actually wake up. And that is really the hardest part!!

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

27 Oct 2010, 4:56 am

On the days that I go to uni I wake up at 5:30, have a shower and get dressed, feed the pets, have my breakfast, brush my teeth, check my emails then leave for the train station.
On my days off I wake up usually between 8 and 9, have a shower and get dressed, feed the pets, have my breakfast, brush my teeth, check my emails and then instead of leaving, I might sit down and do any homework that I have or just browse the internet for anything interesting.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 9:08 am

I wake up and check the time. If it's less than 40-45 minutes from the time my alarm is set to go off, I turn my alarm off (otherwise, go back to sleep). I then lie and groan and try to hold onto my dreams for a few minutes before getting up. I head straight for the shower, where I stand there in a miserable sort of ecstasy for a minute or three before making myself cleanly. I then leave the shower, peruse the internet for a bit, have breakfast, "get ready" (clothes, makeup, teeth, whatever else is necessary that day), take out the trash, and go to work.

I agree with the original post of this thread; a good start to the day does wonders.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 1:09 pm

Kaybee wrote:
miserable sort of ecstasy for a minute

It's funny, but I know what you mean.

I think that phrase would be great on a T-shirt.

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 6:45 am

5am rise and shower, coffee & internet, cut lunches, wake the kids, 8:30am school run and off to work. 8)

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 12:02 pm

I'm a night owl and getting up is a big problem to me. I can turn my alarm clock off while I'm sleeping or dream about waking and getting up. Imagine me in my bed with a bar over my head, it looks like:

||||||-------
|||||||||-----
---------- (dream again)
|||-------- (omg!)
|||||||||-----
---------- (dream again)
||||------- (omg)
|||||||||||||-- (omfg)
||||||||||||||||| (get up)

I get up in the last minute. So if I'm late, it's rather morning, than later time.

When I get up, I drink water or Pu-erh tea, then I wash and I eat my breakfast (almost always müsli). Then I dress up, brush my teeth and go out.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Last edited by Valoyossa on 28 Oct 2010, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 12:35 pm

- Wake up
- Think about what I dreamt about the previous night
- Greet my mom
- Check WrongPlanet
- Eat breakfast
- Visit with my mom