Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Seattle_Chris
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jul 2010, 6:53 am

Hey all.

I'm new here, 36yo male in Seattle. I was diagnosed Autistic as a kid. But now I think I could probably pass as Aspie. Or even NT if you only talk to me for 15 mins. :D Lol Every once in a while I do a Google search for Autism (Yeah, boring graveyard shift job) and I finally found this site. I guess I'm in one of my moods where I'm tired of trying to be "normal" and just wanna be around my own kind for a while.

I'm into Anime (Naruto and Bleach currently), riding around on my motorcycle, Computers (Piracy and Gaming mostly), and basically a new hobby every month. So I tend to know a little about a lot of things. :D Current fave TV shows are True Blood and Covert Affairs. I'm also a big fan of anything Zombie or otherwise supernatural. Just your general 'puter nerd I suppose.

Recently found that I'm Gluten intolerant. I find it fascinating that theirs a correlation between ASD's and Gluten/Caesin.

Yep, I'm all wrote out for the time being. :D Nice to be here, chat at ya' later.

P.S. sorry for the VERY informal writing style. I developed it (I speak this way too) eons ago to keep myself from seeming like a stuffed shirt, and now I can't get rid of it. :D I know how much improper English irks lots of people.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 6:59 am

hello SeattleChris, a boring fella from tiny shelton back at ya. your writing style is just fine, it gets the job done. you are fortunate to have a nice boring job that lets you websurf. welcome to WP.

Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 7:00 am

Hello, Seattle_Chris, I happen to be from seattle, work a graveyard shift, and am autistic as well. Small world, isn't it? 8O

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 7:01 am

Hey, Chris, welcome to Wrong Planet!! I have always wanted to visit Seattle!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 9:09 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet. :)

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 9:58 am

Welcome, Seattle_Chris, to the WP neighborhood.

Blake_be_cool
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 4:04 pm

Welcome!

DarrenCannae
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jul 2010, 2:01 am

hi chris! i grew up in seattle, 18 years until i moved away for college. how did you discover you are gluten intolerant? i've always had suspicions but it always sounded like hocus pocus to me, how can anyone be unbeknownstedly allergic to such a major food category for such a long time? ive always wondered, would you recommend getting tested?

Seattle_Chris

20 Jul 2010, 3:38 am

Thanks for the welcomes all.

@886. That's a lot in common. Can you be positive that I'm not actually your other personality (or that you're mine) who posts while you doze off ala Fight Club? :D

@Darren. I actually haven't been tested, but I want to, but I have a thing with Doctors, Dentists, etc. etc. I can't stand 'em. But yeah, the test isn't supposed to be so bad. I found out because I got this job on the graveyard shift. I would get insanely tired. After not long, it grew apparent that it was after meals that I couldn't stay awake.

I never noticed the "food=need for passing out" thing before because I've been largely unemployed my whole life. And when you don't need to go to work, or socialize, you just sleep when you're tired and don't think about it too much.

When I'm broke I tend to buy the big package of Jenny-o turkey franks. And I noticed that, when that's ALL I'm eating, I have lots more energy, and most of my aches and pains and just feeling terrible goes away. So after a lot of web surfing for what can cause fatigue and the NEED to sleep, and my other symptoms, I decided that I would try a allergy elimination diet. Since their really are no tests for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or a bunch of other stuff, not to mention that would require me going to a doctor.

Well, while searching for the proper way to do the allergy elimination diet, I started stumbling over all sorts of links regarding Autism and Gluten/Caesin free diets. These all made sense, so I did the diet and added in everything else until it was just Gluten that was missing. Then I added Gluten and POW, it all came back.

So yeah, get tested if you can. Or do the allergy elimination diet. I think I read somewhere that the test is for Celiacs, but you can be Gluten Intolerant without having Celiacs, and the test won't show that.

Once I was off the Gluten, within about 6 months, I got a LOT of work done around the house, felt TONS better, and lost over 100lbs. Just from avoiding Gluten. It's had a very profound effect on me. Only when I get dosed with Gluten now, it takes a week or two of clean living to get back to feeling good. You wouldn't believe all the hidden Gluten in things.

I also have issues with cheese, kinda makes my body feel stiff, gummy, and kinda sore. But I can't give up cheese too. Not sure if it's Caesin or just cheese, but I'm not willing to give it up at this point, so their. :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 3:15 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!