If yes - old or new, or even..... both

If no... why??

I love them :)
Newer stuff rather than old

arecibo_
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2010, 5:49 pm

They used to be my favourite band a couple of years ago.

I still like them but I don't listen to them as much.

In Rainbows is probably my favourite now, I find it really relaxing.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 6:17 pm

Don't leave me high....Don't leave me dry.....

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Jul 2010, 6:35 pm

I don't really listen to Radiohead but some songs are OK & I loved that episode of South Park with em but I cant say much else about em

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

gaakz
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jul 2010, 6:59 pm

Dogenegra, are you a fellow ateaser?

SoSayWeAll
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 8:20 pm

I liked The Bends through Kid A. Amnesiac wasn't bad, but left me in a nasty mood whenever I'd listen to it. Hail to the Thief, besides being shove-it-down-your-throat politics, seemed like a musical step backwards. In Rainbows--didn't find enough to like. But The Bends, OK Computer, and Kid A are MASTERPIECES.

I Might Be Wrong is good too.

Slipperman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2010, 9:25 pm

Meh.
There's a lot worse music out there, but I just find Radiohead far too overrated for my liking. The way a lot of their fans gush about how they're the 'Gods' of rock just gets annoying to me.

Maybe they're just too 'hipster' for me (like King Crimson)... :?

Tim (aka the Slipperman)

Dogenegra
Raven
Raven

20 Jul 2010, 2:59 am

gaakz wrote:
Dogenegra, are you a fellow ateaser?

If I was to know what an ateaser was I might be able to answer :)

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 10:36 am

I like pretty much all their stuff. I guess what I like about them is the variety. Every song has it's own unique mood and atmosphere.

I don't really have a favorite album though as I tend to pick out certain tracks I like from every album. I mean I can listen to certain songs like "Exit Music", "Karma Police", "The National Anthem", "How to Disappear Completely", "Knives Out", "I Might Be Wrong", "There There", and "Myxomatosis" over and over again without getting bored.

I guess "In Rainbows" is an exception. That album is different from others in that there's not really any one or two particular songs that stands out as pure genius, yet I can more easily relax and enjoy myself while listening to the whole album from front to back.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 10:53 am

Slipperman wrote:
Meh.
There's a lot worse music out there, but I just find Radiohead far too overrated for my liking. The way a lot of their fans gush about how they're the 'Gods' of rock just gets annoying to me.

Tim (aka the Slipperman)

I don't think they're overrated. It's just that a lot of other equally worthy bands are underrated.

I guess I can understand how they aren't some people's taste though. I mean, if you want sheer energy or intensity with a driving beat Radiohead isn't going to be your thing. They are kind of weird and meandering at times, even depressing. A lot of the songs have a kind of tired / feeble feel, even when they're rocking out. I think they capture certain kinds of moods better than anyone else out there though.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 11:05 am

Weird but I kinda like them after living and sleeping with a major fan for a year and a half.

Dogenegra
Raven
Raven

20 Jul 2010, 11:09 am

marshall wrote:
Slipperman wrote:
Meh.

Tim (aka the Slipperman)

I don't think they're overrated. It's just that a lot of other equally worthy bands are underrated.

I guess I can understand how they aren't some people's taste though. I mean, if you want sheer energy or intensity with a driving beat Radiohead isn't going to be your thing. They are kind of weird and meandering at times, even depressing. A lot of the songs have a kind of tired / feeble feel, even when they're rocking out. I think they capture certain kinds of moods better than anyone else out there though.

I think it's just that they show emotion really well through the music, and Thom Yorke has said that he generally doesn't write about happy things cause he doesn't feel a need to express that, or something... i may have misquoted... but I think that's why opinions are so conflicting with Radiohead, and why some people can't handle them, cause all the emotion and darkness they portray is just a bit too much, as apposed to Oasis for example who just do happy, easily accessible stuff. Which is a shame, cause they're all really amazing musicians, and come up with some really good harmonies and tunes, especially the drummer who has to keep time with all the tempo and time signiture changes, and I just wish that everyone could apprieciatte the musicianship, instead of saying 'they're well depressing!' Oh well...

gaakz
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jul 2010, 5:47 pm

i meant the atease messageboard, but i guess you're not...should check it out though!

Fehndrix
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jul 2010, 7:26 pm

I've always been weird with Radiohead. I think growing up I just didn't really get their music. I dig a lot of their songs though.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 9:02 pm

I've always liked them but have gone back and forth about each of their albums. My present stance is that OK Computer, Kid A, and Amnesiac are good to great, Pablo Honey is quite underrated, and there are some other good songs here and there.

gaakz wrote:
i meant the atease messageboard, but i guess you're not...should check it out though!

I am, but I never go to the Radiohead-related forums.

Dogenegra
Raven
Raven

21 Jul 2010, 4:31 am

gaakz wrote:

Oh! I see what you mean now :) I've just tried getting on to message board, registered and everything, and it won't let me view it! It says: 'Error: You do not have permission to view this board' :S

What's occuring?