You betcha! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 92%  92%  [ 22 ]
No. :/ 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 24

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 12:51 pm

persian85033 wrote:
I LOVE both spinninig and rocking chairs.

I got a rocking chair for my 8th birthday, actually. I was sad when it broke in 4 years. Oh well, now I can use my mom's office spinning chair when she's not working. :P

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 1:03 pm

I was thrilled when I got my first rocking chair. I was about five. My parents took it away because I would make my mom very dizzy by rocking in it. Same thing happens when I sit in a spinning chair. I don't get why it bothers people, though.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 1:06 pm

persian85033 wrote:
I was thrilled when I got my first rocking chair. I was about five. My parents took it away because I would make my mom very dizzy by rocking in it. Same thing happens when I sit in a spinning chair. I don't get why it bothers people, though.

People are worried about those who don't behave as society tells them to. It's silly. If you think about it, if you're easily entertained you can save money instead of blowing it on expensive activities and gadgets. I still love my laptop but that's besides the point. :D

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 1:11 pm

Too true, I don't need that much to keep me happy. Like when I went to buy my laptop, as long as it can surf the net, and use Word, that's more than good enough for me.

My cat is more expensive than I am. But that's because I love to buy her things, as I like to have her living like a queen. Which she kind of is. She's spayed, but she's still a queen, right?

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 1:19 pm

persian85033 wrote:
Too true, I don't need that much to keep me happy. Like when I went to buy my laptop, as long as it can surf the net, and use Word, that's more than good enough for me.

My cat is more expensive than I am. But that's because I love to buy her things, as I like to have her living like a queen. Which she kind of is. She's spayed, but she's still a queen, right?

Sure, why not? :D

Lol, my dog is more expensive than me. She's a little spoiled princess but we all love her. ^_^

wonders
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2010, 1:20 pm

YES to both spinning chairs and rocking chairs .. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 2:53 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I like them. They do comfort me, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I loved them.

I used to stim on them as a kid. Just spin them halfway one way and then back again.

Pretty much this. I said no because I more or less couldn't care if a chair spins or not because I'll just bounce my legs if it doesn't.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 3:07 pm

This computer chair spins, but I prefer to recline in it.

If it didn't recline though, I would probably spin myself dizzy :x

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 3:59 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I like them. They do comfort me, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I loved them.

I used to stim on them as a kid. Just spin them halfway one way and then back again.

Pretty much this. I said no because I more or less couldn't care if a chair spins or not because I'll just bounce my legs if it doesn't.

Yep. I bounce my legs when I can't spin, too.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 5:35 pm

For science!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSUwtU2tqcs[/youtube]

Spinning chairs are really useful for accessing everything on the desk/room without having to to stop what you're doing.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 5:39 pm

@Asmodeus

:shock: I wish I had the equipment available to do that with my spinning chair. :lol:

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 6:00 pm

Erisad wrote:
@Asmodeus

:shock: I wish I had the equipment available to do that with my spinning chair. :lol:

[img][800:485]http://www.barsinproducts.com/osctest/images/Amerex.jpg[/img]
Choose your weapon :P

Apon close inspection I think that was a gas canister, but people have jetted about using extingushers. :D

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Jul 2010, 2:03 am

I tend to rock back n forth in my spinning chair a lot more than I spin. I also want to throw a chair but I'll probably never do it unless I get on Springer :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 2:37 am

When I was in grades 7-High School, I used to spin in a chair a lot while watching TV. I used to get pretty dizzy. I don't these days. Instead I use my exercise machine (like a cross between a stationary bike and a rowing machine. :compress:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 7:42 am

Asmodeus wrote:
Erisad wrote:
@Asmodeus

Apon close inspection I think that was a gas canister, but people have jetted about using extingushers. :D

I bet. But I don't think I can get one without resorting to stealing one and that's baad. :(

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 7:53 am

I spin in my chair at work from time to time. I'm the only one there that does as far as I know.