Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 5:42 pm

Harassment. Heh sure... It doesn't look like you met the bad ones.

Chrishendrik
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jul 2010, 5:57 pm

be careful, in some states it really is illegal to take a picture of an officer or record them.

http://gizmodo.com/5553765/are-cameras-the-new-guns

Ixtli
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2010, 6:34 pm

Chrishendrik wrote:

Quote:
be careful, in some states it really is illegal to take a picture of an officer or record them.

http://gizmodo.com/5553765/are-cameras-the-new-guns

"In at least three states," says the article. I hope that number doesn't increase.

Looks like a clear case of police aversion to accountability.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 7:29 pm

They weren't harassing you. They kept talking to you for so long because you had the camera, and they seemed bothered by the fact that it was night (I dunno what time it was), and you didn't do that friendly chit-chat thing. Not everyone does that with cops, but plenty do (especially guys, it seems). I think they left you alone because you said you were autistic, actually. It might just be what cops in your area are like, but in my area if you had probed at a cop asking something like 'how can you loiter in your own neighborhood' they would get upset with your very quickly :lol:

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 7:33 pm

And the point of this video is...? :P

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2015, 12:19 pm

Those laws against filming the police in their public duty will be thrown out when they reach the federal courts if not sooner. The police have no expectation of privacy while performing their 'public duties'.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2015, 12:40 pm

Don't mess with cops.

You're actually lucky they didn't really harass you. They were pretty friendly actually, if perhaps a little paranoid. However, they should have explained to you why they thought you were loitering and what the definition of loitering is. I think it is possible to loiter in one's own neighborhood... it's basically a judgement call. If the cops think you look suspicious they have a right to stop you and question you (I believe).