Always Having To Initiate The Conversation

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Soledad
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2010, 6:14 pm

So the girl in my class who tutored me isn't flaky but the one day I was texting her, I always had to initiate the conversation and ask questions. This happened with my friend Adam and I soon stopped texting him. Saturday was the only day I texted her. I would text her things and ask her questions and she'd just write back one word answers and never ask em a question so I soon stopped texting her.

Writing one word answers is worse than not texting back at all. I didnt text her sunda or today and she never texted me. I gave her back her notes and thanked her for helping me today but I still didnt text her. I'm thinking about deleting her number. because i dont wanna come off as desperate for friendship.

do any of you often find yourselves always having to initiate conversations?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 6:18 pm

I know I wonder why I spend so much agony trying to think of something to say in a social situation and not just wait for the other person to say something. I would stop texting her but don't delete her number. She may just have momentary cold feet.

Soledad
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2010, 6:26 pm

I think deleting her number is a good idea, because what's the point of having it if she;s not going to initiate anything with me? The day she initiates a conversation with me is when I can put her number back in

Soledad
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2010, 6:36 pm

I deleted her number. Now I won't be texting her until she texts me. Because I know pretty soon she'll start ignoring me, and then I'll break my phone. I wanna avoid that. so I deleted her.

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 7:00 pm

Just delete her number she is not worth your time.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 7:57 pm

With some people, I have to initiate the conversations a lot of the time when it comes to Facebook/texting/etc. But they say they're my friend, and they 'hang out' with me and all, so I don't think it's because they don't like me. :?
But, in person, I never initiate conversation.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 8:33 pm

Interestingly (and perhaps inevitably), the only people from school or university that I've kept in contact with are those who sometimes initiated contact with me. In the absence of evidence of demonstrable interest on their part, I tend to assume people don't want to talk to me, or that they're busy with other friends or commitments, and they don't need me.

Soledad
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2010, 8:55 pm

People are always telling me human relationships are important but I give up now. There's no point in pursuing them of I'm just going to end up like this. and I also have to understand that people are not as desperate as me for them. I don;t show how much I want to talk to people, but I do little things like write text messages, and if I dont get a reply or if the person seems uninterested I delete them. and I also maybe need to talk to more guys, that could be a problem, but what's the point when a guy has already ignored my message

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 9:20 pm

I don't think this is initiating the conversation so much but keep it going.

If you always have to be the one to keep the conversation going and are just getting short replies to your questions back, chances are, the person is not interested in having a conversation with you.

On rare occasion the person may actually be shy, but shy people are usually shy with everyone.

Soledad
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2010, 9:35 pm

Chronos wrote:
I don't think this is initiating the conversation so much but keep it going.

If you always have to be the one to keep the conversation going and are just getting short replies to your questions back, chances are, the person is not interested in having a conversation with you.

On rare occasion the person may actually be shy, but shy people are usually shy with everyone.

and this girl is not shy at all. she is actually kind of aggressive, but not in a bad way. the only bad thing about her is that she is giving me short replies. but I closed the books on her, I deleted her number, by spring I wont even know her anymore