Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 10:18 am

I noticed something. When a couple is physically affectionate in front of others. Now, I don't mean snogging right in front of everybody but simply warm, close, arm-in-arm, they will be appealing to other happily married couples to where a friendship can ensue. I think this is because when you are showing that you are happy with your partner, you are less of a romantic threat to the other person who is the same gender as you. It can be a friendship of one solid couple with another. When kids around the same age are present as well, you can make some good liasons to where a whole family can safely and comfortably befriend yours.
If you are an attractive female and your husband doesn't physically show how much you mean to him in front of mixed company, no female in her right mind will befriend you. She'll see you as being a direct threat. This goes both ways too. This just my opinion. Her husband will probably feel bad for you which will tick her off even moreso. So, show off the love you feel for your spouse! Better for the husband to be more demonstrative than the wife. It just looks better. When a wife gets demonstrative to a husband who just sits there like a pile of scrap, it makes her look cheap. The other way around, it makes the guy look like he wants sex.

kate123A
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 11:55 am

the only time I've not been seen as a threat was when I had a two year old and was 8 months pregnant and looking like a whale. Most women dislike me and I'm friendly but nothing I do works and I do not consider myself "attractive" just moderately passable in terms of looks. I wish my husband and I had other couple friends but we don't.

Mitsouko
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2010, 4:46 am

We don't have married friends. We have married acquaintances we meet with once in a blue moon. Friends- no.