Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Space
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2006, 4:44 pm

who plays it here? I used to play some RTS like Dawn of War, but I'm pretty sick of it... CSS is all I play these days.

Scaramouche
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2006, 10:47 pm

I have it, but not installed. Unfortunately I don't have time for games lately.

autisticon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 May 2006, 7:48 am

How can you be sick of RTS but not CSS? I played it addictively when it was in its early Half Life beta stages, probably for the span of two years. Now I log on every now and then to see how the game has changed, only to find its still the same thing, just with fancier graphics.

Oh well, to each his own

Space
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2006, 3:01 pm

...I am sick of the RTS that I own. Once I find a new game, I will go play that. CS is very repetitive, but if I can find a good server then it's awesome. Also CS doesn't have the blatant, glaring unit balance issues that a lot of RTS have, so it's less frustrating to play.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2006, 3:15 am

Sod RTS go back to turn based, thats were strategy is at 8)

I dabble in abit of counter strike source. Strange cause im not usually too fond of FPS games but ive always had a think for counterstrike even back in its HL1 early beta's. I guess with the source engine you can see the bodies flop around everywhere now.

Anyway arn't they mean't to be implementing the VIP missions soon? It seems very lacking in content at the moment even with this steam distrubution crap they shove into everyones computer that was mean't to make getting it easier.

I also really liked Day of defeat. I wonder if their are still old day of defeat servers out there because i am NOT paying money for DOD source. That was good fun that....

What kind of maps do you prefer in CSS anyway? Im quite found of the assualt map because i like the tactical challenge of infiltrating a fortified position or defending it from infiltration. Quite like Office as well errr what else is there? Can't stand Aztec or Dust 2 there so common to play on it kinda starts to drive you made after awhile.