Magazines at the dentist's or doctor's

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 1:55 pm

if lots of other people are waiting i sometimes 'read' them to avoid feeling/looking awkward

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 2:27 pm

Im not particularly too keen in reading magazines or watch the TV i just sleep that way i pass my time in the doctor's or dentist waiting room.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 10:48 pm

I'm never intrested any any of the magazines either and usualy bring a book or my DS. I usualy bring my service animal and pet her.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 10:57 pm

I always bring a book to every appointment, so I don't have this issue.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 5:14 am

I always read something. I bring my own book or magazine, because these public are stupid. But if I forget my own, I read them and I learn what people are interested in.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 5:32 am

Most magazines at the doctor are usually just filled with "which celeb marriet what other celeb" and frivolous nonsense like cooking recipes. I'm perfectly fine with sitting and waiting while doing nothing.

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 6:56 am

flowerncsu wrote:
I just fiddle with my smartphone. Before I had a smartphone, I had a Palm Pilot that I did the same thing with. Nobody minds if you seem to be occupying yourself; it's just if you seem "bored" that they try to "fix" it.

(You probably could pick up a used Palm for practically nothing, download a few free games to it, and have the same solution, if it interests you.)

I still have my Palm (a used TX I picked up for $40 including case) and use it constantly. At the doctor's office I use it to read (free public domain classic) E-Books, and web pages I saved earlier. I also play some public domain puzzle games I got as a free download. With headphones, I could have listened to music or podcasts if I wanted. You are right. There are some great bargains for older technology devices, which are really handy if you need to kill some time.

RarePegs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2010, 7:59 am

fleeced wrote:
I turned the TV off last time I was waiting to see my therapist. He thought somebody else had done in and was apologetic. I said it was me because it was mind numbing - or words to that effect.

Ulster Tatler? Never quite worked out what that was for

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 3:10 pm

Even the vet's office has boring "people" magazines. So far the phycatrist has the best ones even though the autism ones are nothing but curbie propoganda.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 3:39 pm

DonDud wrote:
Well, I'm not interested in anything in your magazines... and I'm almost certainly not interested in anything on the TV, either.

Take your old, good-condition magazines with you and ask if you can leave them in the waiting room. Next time you go, there might be something that you are interested in, that someone else leaves.

My doctor, psych and library all do this, and are really happy to accept magazines.