Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 7:12 pm

I have a "friend" who is difficult to talk to on the phone because I cannot hear her. It's extremely frustrating to have to ask someone to repeat something over and over, but I understand, I used to have a real problem projecting my voice. People for most of my life wanted to throttle me because they couldn't hear me. So I get it. I figured she had the same problem and talked to her about learning to project her voice. She has said over and over that she "can't help it". I literally feel like I need to insert the phone in my ear and plug the other with my finger.

So anyway she used to be my downstairs neighbor and she also knows the neighbor who was below her. I was down there earlier to bring him something and he was on the phone with someone. I could hear the person even though I was a few yards away from the phone. Guess who it was? I jokingly commented across the room the irony of it all. Later she called me and I could hear her perfectly well. It seems like she was pretending to not be able to speak loud enough for me to hear her. WTF? Why do people play such petty games? What's the point? :x

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 8:21 pm

that is... really weird :/

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 11:22 pm

WTF, That's beyond on strange! I'm so sick of people and their twisted mind games!

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 4:59 am

She really has a lot of problems. She said to me once she knew people were going to reject her so she figured she may as well
give them a reason. So it may be along the lines of that. Anyway, when I've talked to her on the phone since I can hear her
perfectly well. I may bring it up but chances are she doesn't really know why she did it either. When she was a 5 she was exhibiting signs of stress. They took her to a psychiatrist and she said the first thing she did was kick the guy in the nuts. The guy announced that she had been sexually abused as an infant but there was no physical evidence available. They decided her father had done it but incredibly, he was never confronted. Her mother placed her in institutions for much of her childhood because of her anger issues. She has a lot of Aspie traits. She's an extrovert but drives everyone away. She's on meds for anxiety and ADHD but refuses therapy or anti depressants. I feel for her but she doesn't want help she just wants people to listen to her. She is now showing signs of paranoid delusion. I'm tired. I think some troubled people see me as a blank slate to project onto.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 2:32 pm

Thats a nice sob story but she does have this thing called free will and using your troubled past to justify your actions in the present is what weak willed lame twats do so in my final judgement i conclude this lass is a nob head of the highest degree

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 2:38 pm

Laz wrote:
Thats a nice sob story but she does have this thing called free will and using your troubled past to justify your actions in the present is what weak willed lame twats do so in my final judgement i conclude this lass is a nob head of the highest degree

You're right. I don't diminish her battles but only she can fight them.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 3:31 pm

Aimless wrote:
I have a "friend" who is difficult to talk to on the phone because I cannot hear her. It's extremely frustrating to have to ask someone to repeat something over and over, but I understand, I used to have a real problem projecting my voice. (...) Why do people play such petty games? What's the point? :x

Or maby she just holds the phone too far away from her mouth. I did the same when i was younger until someone pointed it out for me.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2010, 5:40 pm

Ichinin wrote:
Aimless wrote:
I have a "friend" who is difficult to talk to on the phone because I cannot hear her. It's extremely frustrating to have to ask someone to repeat something over and over, but I understand, I used to have a real problem projecting my voice. (...) Why do people play such petty games? What's the point? :x

Or maby she just holds the phone too far away from her mouth. I did the same when i was younger until someone pointed it out for me.

We covered all those bases numerous times. She was definitely pretending like she couldn't talk any louder.