Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

CloudWalker
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 9:13 pm

Leester wrote:
CloudWalker wrote:
"C:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -i "C:\Videos\file1.vob" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "C:\Videos\file1.avi"
and press enter

Ok, is this what you want me to type on command prompt? All these words lumped together?

Ha ha, yes and press enter after you typed the whole thing. Also remember to replace "C:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" with the path you extracted the contents to. Replace "C:\Videos\file1.vob" with the path and name of the vob file and "C:\Videos\file1.avi" with the path and name of the output file you want.

Leester wrote:
Ok i was able to copy a Vob and convert it to avi but it will only play on avidemux. I can't get it to work on any other video player.

Usually a codec issue. What audio and video codec you have selected in avidemux?

Leester
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 6:00 pm

Leester wrote:
Ok i was able to copy a Vob and convert it to avi but it will only play on avidemux. I can't get it to work on any other video player.

Usually a codec issue. What audio and video codec you have selected in avidemux?[/quote]

I think It is MPEG-4 ASP avcodec.

Leester
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 9:10 pm

Leester wrote:
Leester wrote:

Usually a codec issue. What audio and video codec you have selected in avidemux?

I think It is MPEG-4 ASP avcodec.[/quote]

Is there a codec that i should use?

CloudWalker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2010, 8:33 pm

Have you tried the command line I post. That way the resultant file have the same codecs as the DVD. Since you can play the vobs, you should be able to play the converted avi's.

If you still want to use avidemux. Xvid is one of the more famous MPEG-4 ASP codec. Some codec pack like ffdshow also supports it.

btw, if you choose MPEG4 ASP in avidemux, you are transcoding. The avi will likely have smaller file size than the original vob, but you loose some quality. Not only because of the file size difference, also because of generation loss. These video codecs, be it the MPEG2 of the DVD or the MPEG4 you mentioned are lossy by nature. It means that they throw away subtle details to keep the file size down. When you transcode a file, you decode the original file which had already thrown out some details and re-encode it, throwing out more. How much the difference is depends on a lot of things but if hard disk space is not a concern, you may not want to transcode it.

Leester
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 4:17 pm

Ok guys, Here's an update, i decided to download video pad and i am doing very well with it. I am almost done with the movie, i will keep you updated on progress. Thank you for all our help. I will come back if i need assistance.

Leester
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 6:13 pm

It's finished! I just posted it on youtube. I even included some of your names at the end of the video thanking you. I really appreciate your help guys!