Aspie Male and Relationship Issues

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Is it harder for Aspie Men than Aspie Women?
Poll ended at 23 Jul 2011, 5:03 pm
Yes it is harder for Aspie Men 76%  76%  [ 19 ]
No it isn't harder for Aspie Men 24%  24%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 25

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 5:05 am

And the results are in:

Men have it harder = 82% [ 14 votes ]
No it isn't harder for Aspie Men = 17% [ 3 votes ]

...and that ladies and gentlemen means that 14 guys and 3 girls has read this thread.

One could go on and speculate about the meaning of "have it harder" in which case Aspie men would become immensely popular among NT women...

AussieAspie36
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jul 2010, 5:09 am

need more diagnosed women

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 5:33 am

Seanmw wrote:
astaut wrote:
I don't think either one has it harder than the other, but I voted that men don't have it harder just to see the results.

Coming from an aspie female...I hate the 'I have it harder than you' attitude. Ugh. :roll:

+1

:]

A third option would have been good, something other than just 'yes' and 'no' for those who have an opinion that isn't that black and white.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 9:48 am

Ichinin wrote:
And the results are in:

Men have it harder = 82% [ 14 votes ]
No it isn't harder for Aspie Men = 17% [ 3 votes ]

...and that ladies and gentlemen means that 14 guys and 3 girls has read this thread.

One could go on and speculate about the meaning of "have it harder" in which case Aspie men would become immensely popular among NT women...

I'm a guy, but I refuse to answer on a poll where no participant has evidence of both options.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jul 2010, 2:18 pm

scubasteve wrote:
Unfortunately the fact that we have one gender and pretty much have to stick with it (ok, not everyone but 99% of us) makes this poll pretty much impossible to answer objectively. Can't we just agree that it's hard for both of us? Why the contest?

We could try getting sex changes to find out :lol: I would if I could. I bet it would be easier for me to find love as an AS lesbian instead of a straight Aspie male who is assumed to be gay :x

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 3:40 pm

If the question was : "is it harder for women to be a parent?" or "is it harder for women to live in Saudi Arabia?" , then I would certainly answer "Yes" due to the overwhelming evidences rubbing on my face that indicate that, like the evidences that show how is harder to be a mother more than a father (for the first question) and how is harder for a woman to be in KSA.

The fact that there are much more 'Aspie' women in relationships here than the 'Aspie' men is a strong evidence (which is rubbing on your faces!) that having a relationship is harder for aspie men.

There was a thread created by an old once-active female member (anyone recalls anna-banana?) in the women's section , the thread was titled like "Why most of you female members are married so young?" , not sure o the exact words. My points is , that even few female single members have noticed this (that most female aspies are in relationships) , and those few single female member ,like the single men, always wondered why most females here have bfs/husbands ,it's really a phenomena.

The 'Men have it harder' is the logical general (hence doesn't apply to all individuals) conclusion , not a sexist fallacy.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 25 Jul 2010, 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 3:53 pm

I always give 'me and my coworker' as an example.

One of my coworker is one of the most socially inept/introvert person I ever met , she even has some kind of people phobia, like she cries sometimes when she's in a crowded place or if she's somewhere with too many strangers. She sometimes sound too unfriendly and too distant.

Her self-esteem and confidence are less than zero.

She's undereducated (not idiot tho) compared to others here : zero in English , 1 over 10 in French I would say and computer challenged. She's an extremely village girl (was once extremist muslim) , she was very closed minded and the city life was so alien to her.
She doesn't drive , doesn't club, doesn't swim , doesn't do any outdoor activities.

Yet , despite all that , she had tons of bfs (most of them from the city) - just because she's a bit pretty . Her last bf is a Christian strongly-agnostic from the capital city and she got him just after FEW months of her break up with her ex , and there were other guys who wanted her too.

I have a lot in common with this girl (when it comes to lifestyle or personality traits, not mentality) but ,unlike her I had no partner in life (gfs, I mean). When a female human is less than a social beta = not a big deal = doesn't affect mating chances much , but that's not the case with the males.

Forget about me, just imagine a reverse scenario, a guy with the exact same traits of that girl , how many gfs from the city he will get?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 1:53 pm

astaut wrote:
Seanmw wrote:
astaut wrote:
I don't think either one has it harder than the other, but I voted that men don't have it harder just to see the results.

Coming from an aspie female...I hate the 'I have it harder than you' attitude. Ugh. :roll:

+1

:]

:[