Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LucyPie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jul 2010, 10:50 pm

Ok so I feel rather sexist posting this in the womens section but I guess if there are any coupled female aspies out there they would probably be the main housekeeper... I'm guessing!

So my question is, have you ever or would you ever hire a cleaner?

Until now I've cleaned my own house (I have a toddler and a bf who are both messy) but as of 2011 I'm hoping to be attending university, as well as cranking up my online jewellery/craft business. So needless to say I'll be very busy. It's going to be hard for me. When I get off track I find it hard to do just basic daily tasks, but I'm determined to succeed! But I can't let my house get messy because if I'm surrounded by mess it directly effects my mood and I retreat into my bubble and cancel appoinments etc.

Buttttttt I also don't know if I could tolerate a stranger coming into my house and moving my things. Do I just deal with them doing it or should I write them a list of things I want them to do and not do or would this be too weird.

All of this might be a mute point though because I'm not certain yet whether I will even be able to afford a cleaner anyway. Probably not.

Anyhow has anyone had someone clean their house before and was it a good/bad idea?

Mitsouko
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2010, 2:11 am

I have had help for the last four years and it has been a life saver.
I didn't like the idea of a stranger touching or moving my things either but I simply could not do it on my own. I realized I needed help and a friend recommended me her cleaner. Every week I would give her a list and she would get things done very professionally.
I have three boys ages 11, 3 and 16 months and I am working on a degree in theology. 24 hours a day are not enough to get things done. So I prioritized and got help.
I have had moments when I thought it was unnecessary, but then she would go on holiday I would realize what tremendous help this is.
She cleans, cooks, does the ironing and sometimes babysits. It is expensive but we don't have relatives to help, we are on our own. My husband does the shopping after work so I don't have to worry about it. He is helpful with many things but he also works a lot. We used to spend Saturdays cleaning the house, now we prefer to go out to the park with the children.
It is expensive, we wish we could save on it, but time is more precious than money, so this is how it is with us.
I hope I was helpful.

iluvgsus
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jul 2010, 8:51 pm

I have a lady come once a month, but there are some months when money is tight that I don't have her come. I have 4 kids and a husband who travels a lot, so I get a little overwhelmed sometimes and just need someone to come dig me out of my mess. I hate the mess...the chaos of it bothers me greatly, but yet I sit there and watch it accumulate. The funny thing about it is, when I know she's coming, I feel like I have to clean up for her. My husband thinks I'm crazy for doing this, but I can't help it. I have to have everything in order before she gets there...then she can clean what's left. I don't let her touch my dirty laundry!