Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Corp900
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2010, 11:52 pm

The other Thread has way to many pages, its time for a new one.

MY FIRST QUESTION to NT's IS:

1) When meeting a stranger, do you unconsciously smile and give eye contact? is it automatic?

2)How do you feel when you are the center of attention?

3)How do you form groups of friends?

4)In random conversation do you ever have a deep fear of being awkward?

use_your_words
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jul 2010, 12:20 am

1. Yeah, I guess so, to both.

2. That depends on a lot of things. I don't have a problem being in the center of attention if I'm close to the people I'm with, or if it's a relatively standard situation, like a classroom discussion. I'm also fine with being on stage, public speaking, etc. I can, however, certainly imagine situations in which I would not enjoy being the center of attention. This is a highly personal question, though; there are some NTs who love being paid attention and some who are terribly shy and hate it.

3. I'm not sure I fully understand this question. Are you asking for advice on forming groups of friends, or expressing curiosity about the reasons certain people gravitate toward each other?

4. I wouldn't call it a "deep fear". Sure, the possibility makes me nervous sometimes (a lot depends on the nature of my relationship to the person), but if I have an awkward conversation with someone it's not the end of the world.

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind..."

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 4:28 am

Corp900 wrote:
1) When meeting a stranger, do you unconsciously smile and give eye contact? is it automatic?

Eye contact happens automatically. The smile depends on the situation. Some situations it is best not to smile. If somebody is hostile- don't smile. But eye contact shows you won't back down.

Quote:

Very good or very bad, depending on why I'm the center of attention. Did everybody just turn and look at me because I made ahilarious joke? Good. Did everybody just turn and look at me because I just spilled my entire cup of coffee down my shirt? Bad.

Quote:

I join an already formed group or I befriend one person and somebody else joins us.

Quote:

No. I suspect many NTs will answr yes. So I am speaking only for myself.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2010, 5:19 am

Corp900 wrote:
The other Thread has way to many pages, its time for a new one.

MY FIRST QUESTION to NT's IS:

1. No, for me eye contact or smiling is a choice. If I'm not feeling happy I won't look people in the eye because I don't want to make conversation, but apart from that I will always make eye contact and smile.
2. Don't like it much, but sometimes you can't avoid it. But I prefer to direct the centre of attention away from myself.
3. I don't feel the need to.
4. No never, I'm pretty good at conversation now, when I was younger and found talking to people harder I definately had a deep fear of being awkward. It's a learned art.