Does anyone actually like the prequel trilogy of star wars?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

does anyone actually like the star wars prequel trilogy
Hell no!! !! !! !! !! Star Wars original trilogy only!! !! ! 57%  57%  [ 17 ]
yes........ 43%  43%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 30

lazuruswolf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Sep 2010, 3:13 am

sluice wrote:
George Lucas ruined movies. I don't think there has been a decent blockbuster movie made since the prequels save maybe moments of LOTR. Avatar was painful to watch. James Cameron should have been shot after T2 saving the world from the shipwreck of his writing and direction.

Firstly you say that about Avatar but the ticket returns say otherwise. LOTR is amazing it is what tolkien envisioned in the book. I've read it a few times and what Peter Jackson did with the material in the three films was brilliant.

As for the starwars prequels well they are lame and a lot of loose ends where badly tied up. I saw the originals as a kid and much prefer them still. And yes the Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks both suck the Ewoks I can overlook as for Jar Jar he should have his head cut off and put on a spike.

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2010, 6:01 am

Well, yes and no. I'm a huge fan of Episode I, but II was horrible and III wasn't all that great either. And @IBSC, I watched the original trilogy back-to-back-to-back several times during my childhood before being exposed to Episode I.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 7:05 am

My take....

I liked Episodes I-III only because they filled in the story leading to what most of us over 40 knew as the "original" Star Wars saga. I found some of the stuff in those movies very annoying, though.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 6:09 am

lazuruswolf wrote:
sluice wrote:
George Lucas ruined movies. I don't think there has been a decent blockbuster movie made since the prequels save maybe moments of LOTR. Avatar was painful to watch. James Cameron should have been shot after T2 saving the world from the shipwreck of his writing and direction.

Firstly you say that about Avatar but the ticket returns say otherwise. LOTR is amazing it is what tolkien envisioned in the book. I've read it a few times and what Peter Jackson did with the material in the three films was brilliant.

As for the starwars prequels well they are lame and a lot of loose ends where badly tied up. I saw the originals as a kid and much prefer them still. And yes the Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks both suck the Ewoks I can overlook as for Jar Jar he should have his head cut off and put on a spike.

I liked LOTR though like Tolkien's books they were a little long winded. I don't think you can assess Avatar's crappiness based on ticket sales. The story was nauseating wrapped around a bunch of cgi. It made me want to slash and burn a rainforest and I am a tree hugger. But all and all, it was better than Titanic, a miserable piece of slush.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2010, 6:14 am

I enjoyed them. You can't deny that the fight scenes were superior to the originals and the action was amazing. However, I do agree with the points made by most critics involving the scripts, acting, story and continuity issues with the originals and early EU material. But I voted yes as they're fun, enjoyable films to watch. Mostly.

I won't expand on it, there are enough reviews on the films without me doing one. The Clone Wars animated series is currently destroying lots of established EU canon, which is worse to me. Lucas doesn't care much about the EU as stated by himself, actually . . .

Note: I'm an extremely serious Star Wars fan, with over 85 of the published novels, many of the comics, reference books and games and just a general love of the subject.