Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

daru3
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jul 2010, 1:33 pm

I work for a custom screen printing company. I'm in charge of finding customers who would want custom tee shirts. I know that many autistics don't see themselves as disabled, just different, alien. It occurred to me that there could be a conection made between us and the psychology of people from another planet. If I could put this conection on a shirt, I could sell it to science fiction groups. I've heard that our condition is caused by mutations. Maybe I could sell shirts of us to X-Men fans. Could somebody help me figure what to put on shirts? Could somebody help me describe our alien/mutant nature?

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 2:12 pm

why x-men fans? I don't want to be connected to a science fiction group. :/

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 2:34 pm

When I look in the mirror I do not see a fictional character. :evil:

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 2:45 pm

I dont recall seeing many X Men threads here, so the fan base might be too small to market to.

If you'll do a few searches on this site for the topic, you'll find that the idea of marketing Autism related shirts has been discussed many times here on WP and at least one person has attempted to market some through a web-based distributor. I have no idea how that worked out. Several threads even featured lists of slogan suggestions, some rather clever, if I do say. :P :wink:

One Such Previous Thread <LINK

However, WrongPlanet.net already markets shirts and caps with the website logo on them, so the Autism/Alien idea is already being used.

Last edited by Willard on 26 Jul 2010, 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

daru3
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jul 2010, 2:50 pm

Part of it is being a science/scyfy fan. People ask how an alien might think. Well, check the title to this web site. They don't call it Wrong Planet for nothing.

As for the X-Men, for those of you who don't know them, They're a comic book superhero team, based on their mutations. Well, autism and Aspergers may be caused by mutations. Maybe some of us may qualify as X-Men.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 2:54 pm

When I look in the mirror, I see CockneyRebel, who also looks a lot like...never mind.