Anyone listen to any skeptics type podcasts?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2010, 9:32 am

I listen to Point of Inquiry http://www.pointofinquiry.org/

Used to listen to Skeptics Guide to the Universe but the subject matter good at times be too scientific for me.

-HL Mencken

-as of now official dx is ADHD (inattentive type) but said ADD (314.00) on the dx paper, PDD-NOS and was told looks like I have NLD

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 10:07 am

So far, I have only listened to one podcast of Infidel Guy. I think that would qualify. I look forward to checking out the one you linked to. Thanks! I don't have a link to Infidel Guy, but it should be easy to find.

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 10:17 am

If you like "point of inquiry" check out "for good reason" it's hosted by D J Grothie who used to host POI. I like SGU too.

NGC253
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2010, 11:43 am

I listen to a number of skeptical podcasts. In addition to Point of Inquiry and SGU, there is the oldest skeptical podcast Skepticality, which is mainly interviews.

Skeptoid is a short < 15 minute podcast on a single topic.

The Skeptic Zone is a fun podcast from Australia. In addition to interviews, they have a segment called the Think Tank where they discuss and joke about various topics.

Monster Talk covers topics like bigfoot, the yeti and the Loch Ness monster.

Skeptically Speaking is a Canadian radio show, which is also released as a podcast:

Skepticality and Monster Talk come out every couple of weeks, the others are weekly. There are several other podcasts I’ve come across, but I don’t have time to follow them all.

(I was going to post the URLs, but I don’t have enough posts.)

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2010, 8:43 am

spacemonkey wrote:
If you like "point of inquiry" check out "for good reason" it's hosted by D J Grothie who used to host POI. I like SGU too.

Thanks I 'm glad DJ is still podcasting . I'll check it out :D

-HL Mencken

-as of now official dx is ADHD (inattentive type) but said ADD (314.00) on the dx paper, PDD-NOS and was told looks like I have NLD

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 9:32 am

Great online radio station that plays a lot of skeptic shows.

http://www.freethoughtradio.com/