Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 7:53 pm

Is it more of a fun and relaxing experience, or is it more stressful due to being out of one's routine for a while?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 7:57 pm

i'm actually trying to save/raise money to travel at the moment to Indiana.
normally it'd be relaxing, but under such special circumstances, it'll prolly be stressful

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 8:07 pm

My AS son loves to travel, and see all the sights. I've noticed quite a few AS here over the years who do. I've heard a lot of theories, but I guess no one knows which way it spills for them until they try.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 8:32 pm

Travelling makes me feel very stressed. I feel out of place, kind of sad, and uncertain as to what's going on. I can do it but it rattles my nerves. I know that I won't feel comfortable until the trip is over. All my interests are at home - vacations are boring to me because I can't take my room with me - which is my favorite place to be.

Latics-Legend
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2010, 8:46 pm

I don't mind travelling, as long as I'm informed well before we go out as it's stuck in my head that we are going out. Otherwise I just get stressed.

Ixtli
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2010, 8:50 pm

Fear of travel keeps me in my hometown most of the time. I've never left the country. What travelling I've done has been alright, though. I just have to be prepared.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 8:56 pm

Traveling is a fun and relaxing experience, for me.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 9:53 pm

It's both, really. It's stressful because I'm outside of my element, and it's relaxing/exciting because it's something new.

Regardless, I don't travel well. The stress generally leaves me sick for a day afterwards.

Furantic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jul 2010, 10:09 pm

Seeing how I have to move every couple of years because of work, I guess I'm pretty relaxed with it. Plus it's an excuse to get a nice quick massage at the airport and see cool crap.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 11:00 pm

Don't mess with my routines! Ugh. Traveling is stressful, no matter how hard I try to have fun. The best part is always coming home.

NGC253
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2010, 11:04 pm

It depends where I'm going. If I have to visit a large city with traffic and crowds, I don't enjoy it. If I'm visiting smaller towns or the great outdoors I usually love it.

Ixchel
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jul 2010, 12:04 am

I really like the results of traveling, but I stress out getting ready to leave. I usually need at least a day to recover from the stress of prepping and traveling before I do anything in the new place. I need the same recovery time when I return home. I do not enjoy driving long distances and elbow-to-elbow airplanes are NOT good; I need my space. Train travel is good; even buses are OK, but when time is an issue, I just have to grit my teeth and ride the cattle car in the sky.

Getting places may be problematic for me, but I like to be in strange places. If I'm gonna go off my schedule, I want to do it in a BIG way; travel does that for me. Just having a minor disruption to my daily life drives me bananas! I really can get locked in to my schedule when I'm home and I don't like how constrained I am when I'm in my comfort zone.

Sefirato
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2010, 12:05 am

I love traveling - always have. It's the idea of seeing something new, going on an adventure to some place - for a long drive. I love flying, but I hate long flights - I prefer the long drive because you get to see all the sights, and it's nice to just have you, your car and your thoughts all to yourself on a two-lane divided highway somewhere heading to a destination. I've seen many different scenery (been to many US states) in the last 10 years.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 12:47 am

Well, I'm never in charge of the trip, so I get to relax and do whatever I want while someone else does the stressful part. So.. I love traveling! XD;

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 12:52 am

Very well.

I have always loved to travel...it's one of my top passions.

I'm not afraid to fly or anything like that.

I would spend much of my life traveling the world if I only had the money :cry:

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 1:55 am

I hate very long travel. I drove across two states loosing a full two days and nights worth of rest, because I knew I wouldn't be able to use a motel room to it's purpose. I had lost the night I started driveing, because I simply couldn't go to sleep. Then drove on and on till the next night, after 11:00 PM. I find it very hard to sleep in strange rooms during car trips. My stomack doesn't want very much food either. I'll eat, but I won't feel hungry at all. Flying hasn't given me this. After all, those usualy take only three hours. To me, five or six hours is actualy not that long anymore.