Do you struggle with facial twitches?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DonDud
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jul 2010, 1:07 pm

Something that I really wish I didn't do was twitch my eyes and nose. Over the years, I've just been unsuccessful in training myself to stop it! I try to do it less when people are around, or mask it, but I just feel compelled to do it. It sounds a bit OCD, but I don't believe I have enough OCD qualities to truly fall into that category. Sometimes I'll blink my eyes individually or roll my eyes a bit. I twitch my nose a ton. The funny thing is, I specifically remember when the nose twitch started... it was toward the end of my senior year in high school. I don't remember having a problem with it beforehand, and I don't believe I've ever really stopped it since. It's completely voluntary (though often subconscious), but I just hate it. It's an unnecessary compulsion that I could really do without.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 1:38 pm

i use too, me i use to do what looks like a duck face, up down. and blank my eye repeatedly. this went on :cry: form 3rd grade through 5 grade, then i worked it out,( slang for i hide them and or stop all together on my own) but yea

Poppycocteau
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jul 2010, 3:31 pm

I know what you mean - apparently I twitch my lips. People at school used to mock me for it. I also flare my nostrils and pull odd faces as I walk about outside. I am told I frown a lot too. It doesn't really occur to me how all of this must look until I see someone looking at me suspiciously.

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2010, 4:24 pm

Yeah, I have to make a conscious effort to keep my lips still. People in school used to accuse me of laughing at them (while I was sitting paying to attention to them), because my lips were twitching.

I still sometimes get aware that I'm doing it and make an effort to stop...but then I feel like I'm just pouting. =/