Or am I?

lol omg this is sooo cool

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 9:45 pm

Redeagle wrote:
We probably have had at least one.

Its a tough question to answer because being president is a job that tends to depends on leadership ability. If your ignorant of certian topic but a good leader you hire people who know how ot manage things and let them loose (JFK, Reagan, Clinton, Bush). If your not a good leader you try to micromanage everything (Carter, LBJ, Nixon). frankly its a tough call to tell how an aspie might do in the white house. I do think that a good aspie president would be a great example.

i'm also of the opinion that we've prolly already had at least one

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2010, 9:48 pm

I keep thinking, "ripped apart in the media by political opponents." And then somehow impeached, removed from office, and imprisoned for something he/she didn't do. Shortest presidency ever.

Redeagle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jul 2010, 11:05 pm

Seanmw wrote:
Redeagle wrote:

Its a tough question to answer because being president is a job that tends to depends on leadership ability. If your ignorant of certian topic but a good leader you hire people who know how ot manage things and let them loose (JFK, Reagan, Clinton, Bush). If your not a good leader you try to micromanage everything (Carter, LBJ, Nixon). frankly its a tough call to tell how an aspie might do in the white house. I do think that a good aspie president would be a great example.

i'm also of the opinion that we've prolly already had at least one

I'm actually a historian by trade and I think the following presidents were possible aspies.

Geroge Washington---- He seems to have grown pot in his backyard to self medicate. He also tended to have bizzare fears about being buried alive. He was very bad with money and generous to a falut. He also was highly regimented (he recorded just about everything he did) had near mythical endurance and was very single minded. But the kicker for me is his less than remarkable personal life, frankly he sucked at social anything and alienated his family.

Thomas Jefferson---- Atypical interests/abilites and like washington sucked at social anything and alienated his family. He also was highly regimented to the point where his house was created to have a complex series of passageways to left slaves work without detection by him.

Andrew Jackson---- Irritable, liked his routine. He also was highly unbendable and maintained opinions even when disproved.

Abraham Lincoln---- Also on my suspect list due to his extream emotional instability. he liked science and new gadgets and maintained a fairly rigid routine till the day of his death which he became upset if it was distrupted for an unplanned reason.

Teddy Roosevelt---- Engaged in frankly insane personal behavior to compensate for frequent personal loss this included running for office, exploring a amazon river dispite health concerns, obsessive study habits and exercise. he also had a family history of mental instability and depression which he eventually fell to after his son was killed in WWI.

Ronald Wilson Reagan---- Farily well documented that the great communicator was unable to maintian personal relationships with anyone except his wife Nancy. Failed to maintian a relationship with any of his children until his Alzheimer's provided motivation for hsi kids to bridge the gap.

Bill Clinton---- Inappropriate behavior, alienating and aloof in high society but perfectly capable in lower class settings.

George W Bush (seriously don't laugh)---- stereotypical behavior and off putting manerisms, Holds to a rigid routine. Odd interests and habits. Disliked socialy and unable to cope with too many people around him at once. He also has restricted interests in several areas.

Of course this is all speculation since it is impossible in all but two cases to get a diagnosis and its not likely that the other two will submit to examination. Also let me make it clear i'm not talking politics here this is just my take on these guys as people not politicians.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 1:18 am

I'm going to say it all depends on a case by case basis. I personally would probably be impeached the first day for calling someone a stupid b*tch or a f*cking idiot. Changes to the economic system would probably involve me waiving all taxes for people making less than 10K dollars a year and greatly increasing taxes on anyone with more than let's say a million dollars, obviously a lot of pissed off millionaires would probably start controlling the media and blowing every move I make out of proportion.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 12:58 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
I'm going to say it all depends on a case by case basis. I personally would probably be impeached the first day for calling someone a stupid b*tch or a f*cking idiot. Changes to the economic system would probably involve me waiving all taxes for people making less than 10K dollars a year and greatly increasing taxes on anyone with more than let's say a million dollars, obviously a lot of pissed off millionaires would probably start controlling the media and blowing every move I make out of proportion.

How about more healthcare options? In 2006, i worked the entire year and made $9870. When i applied for medicaid, even with AS, i was told that i make too much money. I havent bothered applying since then since i make more money now, 12-14.5 thousand a year.

I dont get it, a study done in 2005 found that the average high school dropout made 19 thousand a year, here i am with a diplopa and i cant even make 15. At my old job, MY BOSS was a hs dropout, and she outranked me.

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 7:24 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Redeagle wrote:

Possibly Jefferson.

ruveyn

I could never really swallow this one. I can't imagine a genuine Aspergian handling foreign dignitaries and state luncheons and so on. Any indicators are only evident after Jefferson's time in office, but I find nothing in him as a Founding Father nor as a President that would prove it. Most of his life required too much connectedness.

High elected office = No autism... Unless one has learned an AWFUL lot of coping skills and enjoys having a complete breakdown afterward.

I don't need someone famous with Asperger's to look back to or up to. I look up to me.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 12:07 am

thechadmaster wrote:
How about more healthcare options? In 2006, i worked the entire year and made $9870. When i applied for medicaid, even with AS, i was told that i make too much money. I havent bothered applying since then since i make more money now, 12-14.5 thousand a year.

I dont get it, a study done in 2005 found that the average high school dropout made 19 thousand a year, here i am with a diplopa and i cant even make 15. At my old job, MY BOSS was a hs dropout, and she outranked me.

Keep in mind healthcare is not something I understand. I personally would rather just die than end up on an operating table again, even under anesthesia. People are better at solving problems they take more personally.

A study done in 2005. Back when I could make over $100 in an afternoon mowing yards. Now every block has at least three licensed lawn services because of guys getting laid off and mowing lawns to keep afloat. Imagine that, I could have made probably $36,000 a year if I had expanded my mowing beyond a few streets and I worked every day rather than once a week. I couldn't even drive! If I could go back, I would beat my own ass out the door every day to make that money. I'm unemployed making jack s**t.