Do you think that the oil spills are intentional?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

29 Jul 2010, 8:52 am

Ok first we had the gulf oil thing that lasted alot longer than it should have. Other countries that have such a blowoput just detonate a thermonuclear device and melted the well shut. Russia did it with good success. Then the government had this hands off approach which led to to go on alot longer than need be. btw. the dispersant they used was the most toxic kind on the market...there are non-toxic and effective ones they could have used but didn't. Then once that well is temp fixed some boat rams into anouther well in the gulf spewing oil 100 feet in the air. Then some well starts leaking in the michigan river. Not to mention reporters are getting detained by the coast guard for filming or taking pictures of the oil damage to the wetlands of the gulf.

my bullsh@to'meter hit 12 on a 1-10 scale

so who dunit??
is it the government...in efforts to pass the clean energy reform
Is it the big oil to make oil rich regions non livable so they can drill, baby, drill
Is it china (the blowout preventer for deepwater horizion was sent to china for adjustments) so they can make us dependant on them for oil when the US citizens get a sour taste for US drilling.
Is it Bin Laden's crew and the US gov. doesnt want to admit it because that would cause the stock market to crash again.

something smells fishy (no pun intended) and the media aint talking.

what do you think?

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 9:19 am

Who can say, but I'm not one for conspiracies . . . granted, I will ponder the occasional "What if." First, I doubt anyone in the government is going to hop on the "Go Green," energy trend just because so many have their hands in the petroleum industry. Second, reports right now are saying that most of the oil has evaporated/dissipated in the gulf from the spill, and the hole is about to be cement plugged. Also, China doesn't really export oil, but is competing us for the usage. There is such a thing as a freak accident due to human error, and there are plenty of other oil spills happening around the world during the year . . . this one just happened too close to our home and got the publicity. Was someone trying something, who knows, but its only going to make you more paranoid if you think everything is a conspiracy; and yes, there are a lot of things the government should have done that would have fixed things sooner (ie, they were seeking out who to blame before putting effort into the well). I'd say, in the end, it wasn't conspiracy, but greed.

Suiseiten
Raven
Raven

29 Jul 2010, 9:35 am

I'm not much for conspiracies either, but I think that it's viable for the oil spill to have been an accident that should have been prevented sooner. BP isn't known for their pristine record of keeping their equipment in working order and also screwed around instead of getting things done quicker. I doubt that it was the government that encouraged them to try to plug it up before just putting the cap on- which would have been the smart thing to do. It seems more a matter of corporate greed at work. They didn't even want to pay retribution for those whom would be effected by the spill and spent more on a PR project instead of helping those who have businesses that require going to the ocean in order to make their wages.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 10:05 am

I'm glad to see that the gulf oil leak has been stopped. I thought that sooner or later they might end up having to nuke it. (Nuke it anyway!) Maybe that's what the extra relief well was for? However, we cannot just go around using nuclear technology to solve our problems, for some reason, probably having to do with public opinion and the pervasive belief that the man in the sky will make everything all better for us after some Armageddon event possibly involving Israel.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 11:46 am

Yeah. Chinese oil moguls out to destroy Eagleland! :roll:

The year is still young.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 12:06 pm

Who stands to gain from such a course of conduct? No one.

The simplest explanation is likely to be the correct one. Insufficient regulatory standards, errors in maintenance and operational practice, impediments to resolution. You might not trust government, big business and the media, but sometimes they are telling you the truth. Not the whole truth, to be sure, but their version of the truth.

t0
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 3:21 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Who stands to gain from such a course of conduct? No one.

Not who, what. Most species on the planet would benefit from a human extinction or near extinction. This BP "accident" looks to me like the work of the dolphins. When they're not busy humping our women, they're trying to get us to kill ourselves. That's why they sank that South Korean warship.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 7:11 pm

No. They are not intentional. BP is a for profit company. Do you think they deliberately caused a catastrophe that will end up costing them over 5 billion dollars?

ruveyn

psych
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 8:39 pm

ruveyn wrote:
No. They are not intentional. BP is a for profit company. Do you think they deliberately caused a catastrophe that will end up costing them over 5 billion dollars?

ruveyn

if were trying to assess the motivations of the elite - ie those who wield the most temporal power, it doesnt always make sense to think in terms of money. Remember that the major financial cartels create the currency out of nothing. So whilst to us it seems to make the world go round, but to them its a mere tool used to control and manipulate the actual resources.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 4:07 am

Ambivalence wrote:
Yeah. Chinese oil moguls out to destroy Eagleland! :roll:

lmao :lol: