Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2006, 9:40 am

How is your Self-Esteem?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2006, 10:09 am

hmm and u can talk abt it too ....talk what s making ur self-esteem low or high in ur life?

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2006, 11:11 am

Mines pretty good.
I guess being fairly popular is what makes it good.
Wasn't always this way though.

susie4uk2006
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 May 2006, 11:36 am

My self esteem is very high and I get really nerveous in crowds and in big groups. But i've meet a student at college has aspergers syndrome too and shes opposite to me, she chats more than I do and she doesn't stop lol, but for me I am silent at college and don't speak very much.

I think there is different degrees of aspergers syndrome. Susie

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2006, 11:42 am

My self-esteem tends to be moderate, but unlike as for NTs, my sense of self-worth is largely independent of what other people think of me. It's really only a matter of what I think of myself. If I am not succeeding in my own eyes (socially, mainly), it sometimes has an effect on my self-esteem for a period of time, which is a cause of depression.

Probably the effects of years of bullying and taunting have led many aspies to have relatively low self-esteem.

susie4uk2006
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 May 2006, 12:02 pm

Hello, above answer i can relate to that, with my self esteem causes me to be depressed and i get lonely alot, that what causes my depression. Susie

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2006, 12:21 pm

I'm not sure what my self-esteem should be...

Everything from solipsist centre of the universe, to insignificant mote of matter, lie in the frame for reckoning.

If the whole human race is worthless, then I seem to be a fairly average example.
Measured by the standards of fashion, social interaction or fame, I'm well below the norm. By money I'm above average but not ultra-rich. By intellect, way above average, unless you test me on some of my blindspots...

Yes, it all depends on what you hang your self-esteem ON.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2006, 12:29 pm

Some might believe I have a negative self image. However I think I just happen to find myself unattractive. I also believe that the vast majority of the world would consider me slightly below average in attractiveness, a bunch that think im average and of course there would be a few(which would be alot in the scope of the world) which would just happen to find me very attractive.

However besides my physical fitness and attractiveness I have several above average traits. Which I use to make myself happy. I have excellent learning capacity(for pretty much anything), and excellent memory. I also don't need a lot to make myself happy. I have sat alone in a room before just talking to myself, "I've got a wheely chair!"
I couldn't even begin to tell you how good my memory and learning capacity are in the scope of the world because I have not visited and seen enough supposedly "high-end" students and thinkers that are supposed to represent the above average to elite minds. If i use the sample I already have, either I am INCREIBLY IMPERCEPTIVE, or there are a whole hell of a lot of uncurious people with no memory, and little learning capacity of any sort. So I assume(i'm optimistic) that I have only seen the low end in that respect.

I consider myself realistic(as many people who you might consider pessimists and those with low self-esteem will tell you), and i know pretty well myself, and i only have a few traits which are something which i think i could say are to be proud about. Effectively I am very confident(which is something you don't hear many pessimists who say they are realistic say). I am fairly certain I am narcissistic, and everything I do is done in order to ensure my happiness. I have an innate conviction that I have the right to do this. Which is why i think it is likely some psychologist would like to call me narcissistic. I have this suspicion that my conviction is mostly genetic. Because I hear I behave almost exactly like my mother. And I've always had this conviction, through the good times and bad.

So effectively, i have a very high self esteem.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2006, 6:23 pm

I have moderate to high self esteem.

Shelob
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 May 2006, 2:19 pm

Low. I guess I've failed at too many things in life. :(

Mork
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 May 2006, 2:24 pm

My self esteem has always been pretty low. I suspect this is due in part to not being able to interact very well with others and a feeling of not fitting in.

Seigneur
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2006, 2:33 pm

I know, simply because I'm conscious, that I'm going to end up doing something pretty cool.

That doesn't mean I don't hate myself sometimes.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2006, 10:47 pm

My Self-Esteem has gone from non-existant to extreamly high, between the second week of December and Today. It was just a few days after Black Friday (December 9, 2005), that I've decided that I might as well nuture my Quriks and Obsessions, because nobody else in my Immediate Family were going to do so, except for my Little Sis and maybe my Nana. I've decided that I was going to stop shaking my head, whenever I'd look at my British things and try a little experiment on myself. I've decided to give myself the tender care that I was in desperate need of, and I've come to realize that the Routemaster is the thing about England that I love the most. Instead of crying over the Buses that I love very dearly, I've decided to let them live on , in My Heart, My Spirit and My World. I've culled out my humble little collection of just 4 Routemasters out of my China Cabinet and placed my lonley Buses in varoius locations, throughout my Bedroom. I became happier with each passing week, and I've started to love and respect myself more, as time went on. Now my Collection of Routemasters and very close Relatives to the Routemaster has more than doubled. I was in a bit of a pickle, when I was faced with having to sacrifice either my growing collection of these beautiful Vintage Buses, or the Stereo System that I hardly ever use. I've followed my Heart, and I took the Stereo off my Dresser to make the room for my Collection to accumulate to up to Four times it's current number. I find it enthralling how something as simple as a toy Bus has changed me into a whole new person. I don't crack nearly as many Austin Powers jokes, because I feel comfortable being the person that I really am, because I feel better about myself. I haven't appologized for being alive, since I've been able to let the real me fly out of my Blue Velvet Cacoon. :D :jester: :star: :jester:

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2006, 11:12 pm

I don't really know. It's hard for me, because self-esteem seems to rise and fall in my case. When I really put my mind into doing something, my self-esteem increases. If I get frustrated over something, my self-esteem decreases. It depends on the situation, really. I just can't tell that easily. At times, I feel like I have no sense of self. I tend to view things from the perspective of a third-person.

- Ray M -

X
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 May 2006, 3:59 am

My self-esteem is usually relatively high, although it has decreased gradually over the last few years, and I experience some low points occasionally. But I see most people as ignorant, and their ignorance gives me arrogance.

Sometimes, when I see myself from a third-person perspective, my self-esteem is significantly reduced.

I shift been arrogance and doubt, but that's probably because I am an adolescent. :lol:

This is an example of high self-esteem:
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Self-aggrandizement

I am the Supreme God! Grovel before me! :lol:

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2006, 6:02 am

I am glad you had the option for sh***y, because that's me. I wish I could achieve something to be proud of, in my own mind. Maybe I will, I still hope.