Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2010, 5:09 pm

In elementary I found it easier to get along with girls than guys, but in high school it seems as if the girls change a lot quicker than the guys do, meaning that most nice girls in elementary turned into total b*****s in high school. For me I guess it depends on the age.

http://www.myviewonautismessay.webs.com

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 6:32 pm

I prefer male friends for some reason. Most female nerds(pretty much the only type of person I mingle with other than aspies.) are really into anime and draw chibi people and extremely effeminate males on the board in the anime club while listening to weird European pop music.

Last edited by ShenLong on 29 Dec 2010, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gedaechtnis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2010, 7:15 pm

I don't have a specific preference. What about 'people with whom I can get along?' Usually this means girls who don't act too feminine and guys who are on the geekier side.

NaoMiCR
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jan 2011, 7:54 am

I don't have a lot of friends, I've had very painful experiences with them in the past so everytime I start seeing something I don't like I just walk away from those people, which causes me to be alone most of the time.
I do have one female friend though, we met when I was dumped by a group of friends I really trusted, and she was dumped too, and we comforted each other and became friends.
She's like my opposite, likes pop music, uses loads of make-up, walks like a model, and has had LOTS of boyfriends.
But she's one of the best friends I've had because I can always be honest to her.
Like, when she gets mad(which she does a lot because she has a short temper) I can tell her not to get pissed off and tell me what's wrong, and she doesn't get angry.
She also accepts my label, and goes to quiet places with me during lunchtime 'cause the lunchroom is too busy for me.

Last year I also had one male friend, and he was my best friend, he was weird and I was weird to and we were really close and looked like a couple but we really weren't.
I could talk to him about anything, even when I had a little crush on him, and he had one on me, and we just acted on it but still stayed friends. He had to redo the 8th grade though, and I'm in the 9th so I hardly see him anymore and it sucks :/.

maddycakes__
Raven
Raven

08 Jan 2011, 12:42 pm

I've always had around the same number of male and female friends, despite my first five years of high school being in a school only for girls. I don't really make a distinction concerning gender for friendships because everybody is an individual...it's not like ALL girls are bitchy or ALL boys are into sport or whatever. I just take people as they are. I tend to formulate friendships with the nerdier and more eccentric people of both genders, but that's not always the case.

Regardless, I always maintain a barrier between me and the other person in a friendship anyway. When I was younger people used to open up to me and it was very rarely reciprocated. They didn't realise that I was hiding anything, though. The older I have gotten, the more people have commented on me being somewhat 'different' from others (although I was first 'marked out' by bullies at about the age of 12) and putting it down to a variety of different things. People realise that I am not really willing to open up to them so they don't open up to me any more either (which is fair enough after all). So, I guess most of my friendships are pretty superficial.

FarqyTheIndolent
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 12:30 pm

It's a funny thing. Of all the people with whom I've been really compatible, the majority have been male. However, I probably would do better in the company of the average female than in the company of the average male.

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 1:57 am

I have always been terribly shy. Females seem to demonstrate more compassion than males, and it also seems that as a result of this, females have always considered myself as a good candidate for a friend, well at primary school, anyway. At primary school, I had about 4 companions/acquaintances, 2 of which were female, 2 of which were male. I have maintained contact with 75% of these companions to present.

I now attend a Catholic Secondary School, albeit, no females. This does not both me, really. I can use the overly populous website - FaceBook to maintain the relationships formed with my 4 primary school friends, two of which reside in Brisbane, Australia, 1 attends a prestigious private school (that costs $16,000 per annum) and one merely attends a public secondary school.

At my present school, I have 2 companions, and several acquaintances. I seldom associate with any of these people, either. All of these people would be classified as 'nerds', and majority achieve well academically. I do, however, travel to school and home of a private bus, and of course females are present of this bus. I have been approached by several females throughout my four years of traveling on this bus, but have only became friends with two (one of which attended my Pre-School). I converse with these girls occasionally (once or twice per week), and in fact I would scarcely class them as friends.

Thus I conclude that I have an equal amount of male and female friends, not that I 'make' friends, regardless of their gender, but rather they 'make' me.

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 9:56 pm

Well I'm a male and I have more male than female friends, I think this is partially because of school social walls though. I get along with both sexes equally if I'm honest though. Guys are more laid back, chicks are the ones who it's easier to talk about deep things with. I've found myself with both of those traits. Wish I could have more female friends in my school but oh well.

Yowuza
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2011, 2:11 pm

Used to be female towards the end of primary school, mainly because I was bullied by most of the boys. These days, it's boys because I can barely relate to most teenage girls (or many teenage boys for that matter).

E-Wreck
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Feb 2011, 12:58 am

I have a few guys that are considered my best friends, but, most of my friends are girls. Although, my best guy friends mean the world to me. And so do my best friends that are girls. ha ha

Nosirrom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 2:44 am

I def talk more to girls. i am a guy.