Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Kai_Bliss
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2010, 6:19 am

Just asking. 8O

I love chemistry. Anything having to do with chemical reactions, chemical structure, biochemistry, is my interest.

Anyone else here have the same interest or something similar? I'd love to know.

Kai :wink:

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Aug 2010, 3:38 pm

Yeah I am into chemistry, but amateur chemistry is having it rough lately because of restrictions
on the type and quantity of chemicals you may purchase.

But there are workarounds.

graywyvern
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 12:43 pm

yeah, i even have favorite chemicals

hydrogen fluoride
phosphorus sequisulfide...

in high school i made a sulfur-nitrogen compound (after having to first synthesiize the catalyst)

good times, good times

m.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2010, 1:04 am

I once made a 'Mendelev' (sp?) table of Star Trek elements.That's about as far as it goes...;)
It was years before I understood whether it was 'acid to water, or water to acid'...;)

Antigone2J
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Nov 2018, 3:00 pm

Chemistry-obsessed girl here! :)

I got fascinated with the periodic table and the properties of elements at the age of 13. In highschool, I read a lot about physical and anorganic chemistry and now I am majoring in Chemical Technology.
Theoretical chemistry is a perfect discipline for an aspie in my opinion, because it combines logical thinking and memorizing detailled informations, which is both our strength. However, I sometimes struggle with the practical part (labs) and as far as I know, it seems to be an aspie problem in general.

Which is your favourite topic? Mine is Electrochemistry :heart:

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 4:46 am

I'm mostly about biology and ecology but have some trouble with chemistry. I have a few issues here and there but what ultimately helps me understand Chemistry is the formation of heavier elements in stars. This is the basis to the field, just like the oldest common ancestor of all life is the basis of biology, at least to me.

Later edit: After reading this post I became deeply interested in chemistry. I have no idea why but I guess it's the formation of new elements I mentioned above, also elements can't be broken down.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2018, 10:53 am

I have been obsessed with chemistry and physics since I was a little boy. One of my areas of research is in developing new nanomaterials for very tailored properties. I also do research in theoretical physics to explain why the particles that create atoms act the way they do.