my god yahoo answers makes me cringe sometimes

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 7:33 am

I have my own grievances with Brits, but I guess there is no reason to be openly hostile about them.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 8:10 am

I go there sometimes - to check how dumb one can get :? Some people just lack the ability to use Google on their own and are forced to ask the other users on the most obvious stuff.

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jul 2010, 12:19 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
I have my own grievances with Brits

Could you elaborate on that?

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 5:09 pm

OP, I don't think you're being unreasonable and the question didn't really seem to have anything to do with anyone's personal life. That poster was just out of his mind. We have our fair share of dummies over here and every single one of them seems to have internet access. :roll: :lol:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 7:12 pm

I've told people on YA to look up autism or AS when they ask what it is.

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2013, 1:25 pm

I had a couple of questions that got deleted there :( I can't think of a reason why they were deleted. I must come across just as bad online as I do in person :(

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 3:31 pm

tjr1243 wrote:
I had a couple of questions that got deleted there :( I can't think of a reason why they were deleted. I must come across just as bad online as I do in person :(

Same thing has happened to me and trolls will also report questions for no reason. It's not always that you did something wrong, it's people that like to report random questions. Pretty common there so don't take it personally.

Also I will let you in on a little tip, sometimes people will send you a nasty message and you have never seen them before nor have answered any of their questions nor responded to a questions they have responded too also and then block you after they send it. I have had that happen to me once and I asked about it in a question and many others who have responded also said they have gotten the same thing, I learned it was also a common thing there.

YA is a trolling playground.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2013, 1:45 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Same thing has happened to me and trolls will also report questions for no reason. It's not always that you did something wrong, it's people that like to report random questions. Pretty common there so don't take it personally.

Also I will let you in on a little tip, sometimes people will send you a nasty message and you have never seen them before nor have answered any of their questions nor responded to a questions they have responded too also and then block you after they send it. I have had that happen to me once and I asked about it in a question and many others who have responded also said they have gotten the same thing, I learned it was also a common thing there.

YA is a trolling playground.

Indeed it is! i have my emails and IMs set to private so fortunately i don't have to see messages. It sure sounds like a gigantic waste of time that they are doing that

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2013, 11:53 pm

I wholeheartedly identify with the title of the thread; however, I have seen so much worse on there. Yahoo Answers is the only website can singlehandedly convince me that the human race is irreparably doomed in less than 30 seconds of browsing. Makes me want to facepalm my brains out. Other sites can have that affect on me too, it just usually takes a little longer.