Page 1 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 9:56 pm

I know other WP members have gotten this tossed at them too. But sometimes I'm sick of hearing it!! !! Yes I slept till 11AM but isn't that MY business?! IMO anyway. I'm getting told do more around the house. Sometimes I get into these moods where hey lets clean and mom/dad cleaned earlier in the morning while I was asleep so they are sitting on the couch watching tv. I'll say oh do a load of dark clothes Mom is like already did them towels Did those too. I don't like waking up super early I like sleeping in! Especially since in about a month I'll be waking up at 5AM to catch the bus at 6AM on M/W (but sleep in the rest of the week so ya to that!! !) :-)

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 10:06 pm

I can relate. My mom is always calling me "lazy" because I don't do many household chores, and because I like to sleep in really late. The thing is, I do tend to be pretty lazy, but I also tend to be very forgetful as well.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 10:09 pm

I'm the one who calls myself lazy even though I work now but I tend to procrastinate to clean or get stuff done. I also like sleeping in late but I have been getting up early lately because I end up waking up and can't get back to sleep so I decide to start my day.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 10:15 pm

I call myself lazy, because I let my chores slide, sometimes and than I spend a week catching up, on them.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 10:20 pm

I got called "lazy" because I Spent 17 hours designing
an assistave device one week, and another 40
hours another week building it.

What was this assistive device?

A device to help me clean things becauswe I cannot
do it "manuallyu" without screwing things up.

Because I am not able to do it manually and
I spent over 40 hours designing and building
an assistive device to help me do something
I am called "lazy".

O well, I guess I wasn't put on this planet
to please society.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 11:27 pm

I don't mean to sound like an ass.....but you ARE 24 years old.

I think it's reasonable for your parents to expect you do do chores

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 4:22 am

If you do more chores and things when you are awake, maybe they won't give you such a hard time about sleeping in. And maybe you need the extra sleep. I know I have a weird sleep routine. My parents always used to give me a hard time, it didn't make my sleep patterns any more normal.

DonDud
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2010, 8:52 am

Yeah I beat myself up over being lazy. I don't get called lazy very often though, which kinda makes me wonder if more is really expected of me. Part of me thinks I shouldn't be so hard on myself, and part of me wants to do more.

frag
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 11:24 am

I call myself lazy (when in fact I'm probably exhausted but I don't know really because exhausted was always called lazy...), so I don't need others to. However, they still do... Sigh.

And just do things because it is the norm? Breaking norms and you're lazy. Sigh.

BTW I woke up the first time at 2 PM today but I couldn't stay awake so I fell back asleep until 5 PM and now at past 6 and a lot of caffeine later, I'll whip myself in gear, but seriously, neither my mind nor body is with it yet. I could have dragged myself up earlier and popped a Ritalin but didn't. I think maybe I actually needed the sleep. (Which is forbidden, no one needs sleep in todays world....)

Gweezle
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jul 2010, 1:44 pm

LittleTigger wrote:
I got called "lazy" because I Spent 17 hours designing
an assistave device one week, and another 40
hours another week building it.

What was this assistive device?

A device to help me clean things becauswe I cannot
do it "manuallyu" without screwing things up.

Because I am not able to do it manually and
I spent over 40 hours designing and building
an assistive device to help me do something
I am called "lazy".

O well, I guess I wasn't put on this planet
to please society.

Okay, first point: if I could build something to help me clean, I'd feel pretty awesome. Second point: do the people who call you "lazy" own a car, bike, stove, fridge, microwave, blender, fan, computer, dishwasher, washer, dryer, etcetera, etcetera, et-freaking-cetera?! If so, feel free to point out that while you built your own assistive device, they had to buy theirs. I warn you though, they may not be able to hear you from all the way back in the STONE AGE!

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 4:51 pm

Yeah they own or Rent one or more of those
Items, Thats what I thought as well, they canot
hear me from their stone age world.

I quit trying to please society a L O N G time ago.

I had some work to be done, and now I can do it.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 6:11 pm

I love sleeping in. I also get called lazy for my lack of organizational skills, as well. My parents are always saying I'm a slob. Yet at work, my coworkers say I am one of the neatest and most organized people they know. Not to mention I always get things done on time. Unlike my well organized and tidy parents, who are always too lazy to do something so simple like go to the store, and pick up a simple filter cartidge for the fishtank. Anything I need to get done, I simply do. So, who exactly is more lazy is my question.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 6:14 pm

Lazy isn't a word I'd use for you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 6:16 pm

Hi lazy.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

31 Jul 2010, 7:09 pm

My dad used to call me lazy alot...although he is gone sometimes I still feel it...although less as times goes on.

there is nothing wrong with sleeping in while you can. It does help though to make a list of things you need to do and do them when you do wake up. And if they call you lazy, just show them what you accomplished on the list

as far as the one who made the assisted device, patent it before you show it to anyone. Once you rake in the big bucks, then look who made great use of "lazyness" Stuff like that sells like crazy.

Jojo

sufi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 4:21 am

In my book you are lazy. Unless you have a night job and you did not mention having a job or being in school.

You use the term 'sleeping in" incorrectly. When you wake up every morning at 6 to work, clean, go to school,get the day going then Sat / Sun wake at 10, is sleeping in. If you stay up 1/2 the night and wake at 11, then that is just the time you wake up.

And Holy Sacrifice Batman,

Quote:
in about a month I'll be waking up at 5AM to catch the bus at 6AM on M/W (but sleep in the rest of the week so ya to that!! !) Smile

Aren't you just the egar beaver, wow, two days a week. We better write this down on a calendar so we don't forget it.

You are a user. Use your parent for the easy way out. You can't clean up a bit because they already clean what you 'felt like cleaning', and then justify it by saying,"gee, I was going to clean that, see, I tried"? I feel sorry for them. They are probably not strong enough or they feel too guilty to kick you out of their house.

I feel sorry for you too. At 24 you should be able to contribute something, anything.
Instead you suck your parents dry and when they die, then who you going to turn to?

Look for three or more options.
"I'm not too crazy about reality, but it's the only place to get a decent meal.