Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Shadowcat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2010, 12:19 am

Why when my period is over, I have itchy, dry vaginal skin?

Does anyone else have this interesting problem?

Also I think it's so dumb that NT 's believe that a person with a disability having a period is supposed to be different in some way. It isn't, so why do They think so?

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 12:20 am

Shadowcat wrote:
Why when my period is over, I have itchy, dry vaginal skin?

Does anyone else have this interesting problem?

Also I think it's so dumb that NT 's believe that a person with a disability having a period is supposed to be different in some way. It isn't, so why do They think so?

Who told you that?

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 8:50 am

If you use pads depending on your skin sensitivity you could have chaffing. I think I use to get that from using Always pads, it had a strange texture. I use to not have to use pads but now my period is irregular and I can't risk not using them during the day. I use OBs at night.

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 11:31 am

TBH I don't think that most NTs are concerned with your menstruation habits. Unless they told you they were.

And no, I don't really have that problem. Do you use any kind of feminine products that could be irritating you?

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 11:34 am

Shadowcat wrote:

It is quite dumb considering that it is a normal bodily function.

hellopuppy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2010, 9:43 pm

Perhaps people with Aspergers have either sensory issues or heightened senses so they experience or view their periods differently, even though their periods are physically normal. I know that when I have mine all the negative symptoms are experienced to the extreme because I am so aware of my mood swings and changes in sleep/hunger/smells and sensations (HELLO cramps and migraines). I swear, I smell different the week before my period...pheromones? And sometimes I feel so awful the week before/during my period that I can barely make it to/through classes. It's awful and I feel no other women I know are crippled or bothered by theirs.