Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 9:06 pm

One time, when I was about 17 I went shopping (first mistake) for a black hoodie. (second mistake) I had specific criteria this hoodie had to meet. No zipper, and plain black.

I went to 5 separate stores and at the 6th store I started crying... only to be standing 2 feet away from one. My sister, who was with me, kept trying to calm me down. I needed that specific hoodie that day. I just couldn't understand why I had to go to so many stores just to find it.

Ugh... I get upset all over again just thinking about it.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Aug 2010, 11:13 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
One time, when I was about 17 I went shopping (first mistake) for a black hoodie. (second mistake) I had specific criteria this hoodie had to meet. No zipper, and plain black.

I went to 5 separate stores and at the 6th store I started crying... only to be standing 2 feet away from one. My sister, who was with me, kept trying to calm me down. I needed that specific hoodie that day. I just couldn't understand why I had to go to so many stores just to find it.

I think that in many cases, it isn't just the not finding the hoodie, or not being able to get the treadmill, but the sensory overload that happens along with the frustrated goal.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 11:17 am

hartzofspace wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

I think that in many cases, it isn't just the not finding the hoodie, or not being able to get the treadmill, but the sensory overload that happens along with the frustrated goal.

Probably. I get sensory overload when I shop as it is. Add that to my tactile issues and not being able to find something, and you've got a disaster waiting to happen.