Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hellopuppy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Aug 2010, 11:33 am

Do you have a pet? What kind(s) and do you feel like you connect to them more than you do to most people?

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Aug 2010, 11:48 am

Furrball. So much better than any NT.

iniudan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Aug 2010, 12:12 pm

Would like to have a cat but currently I got expense to take care that leave me without money to take care of one. (Eye surgery soon and also need a new computer)

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 12:18 pm

me i have my brother bird and i have my bird. i have my cat, and now i new cat. my new cat use to be sweet now she is starting to really act up, but i guess that mean she feeling better her eye had in effection it was runny always, so i clean and cat eye drops now the eye is much better, her in my boy cat fight alot, and my birds are starting to make out. oh wait yes i love animal more then people.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 12:20 pm

Pippin the beared dragon. She helps me so much and is even a registered service animal.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 12:24 pm

I have three cats. I could probably provide a picture of each one, but I don't feel like searching for them. lol

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 12:48 pm

I have a miniature schnauzer who is the sweetest little angel. I love her. :heart:

PunkyKat, Pippin is very cool. I love reptiles. I didn't know that a lizard could be a service animal. :)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 1:22 pm

Miss Annie

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 1:25 pm

Great picture, Aimless. :lol:

DonDud
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Aug 2010, 1:39 pm

I had a sheltie. I was a big fan of Lassie when I was younger, and when my aunt and uncle got a sheltie, I knew that was the kind of dog I wanted.

I got her around my 9th birthday, and she lived for 12 years. When she was gone, that was the toughest loss I've ever suffered. Today, I feel like a dog would help me cope so much with my loneliness, but to me, getting another dog seems on par with remarrying after your spouse has died. I'd feel guilty, like I was replacing someone who couldn't be replaced. I know I'll get another dog someday, but 5 years after her death, the right time still hasn't come. I also feel like, with me living alone, it would hardly be right to raise a puppy while I'm gone to work all day.

All the time, I hear my boss (who I suspect is AS, actually) say, "Dogs are in every way almost always superior to humans."

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 1:59 pm

A cat

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 2:16 pm

I have a rat terrier named Josie. Her feet smell like popcorn. She is 7 years old.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Mutt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Aug 2010, 3:38 pm

I have a Chihuahua named Faithful. With him, I feel a connection, whereas with other people, besides my parents, is non existent. Faithful, is black with white on his paws, which seem like little socks. He is always there for me, I hug him, as well as my parents, and say hello to him, and sleep with him. He scratches the door when he wants to come in, and then sits, waiting for me to open it. He won't ever say anything bad to me, and he's always there, to listen, or to help me feel relaxed again after a really stressful day.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 3:53 pm

A cat, a dog, and two fishtanks. My mom also has a couple of birds. Actually, only the cat is mine. The rest are like family pets. I love my cat, especially. She and I have quite a bit in common.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 4:58 pm

I only have one dog, a chihuahua named Chili. I wish I had a cat, but I'm extremely allergic. And I also wish I had a parrot...

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 5:23 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Great picture, Aimless. :lol:

Annie turned out to be therapeutic for my son. We had a cat,Wilma, and she scratched my son when she got spooked at seeing another cat out the window. After that he was terrified of her (she was a good cat-she was just momentarily freaked) and wouldn't be in the same room with her. I was forced to find her another home. The fear lingered and I was afraid the fear would turn into anger at animals. Several years later we got Annie from a friend of the family whose lives were too busy to give her any kind of companionship. She had already been de-clawed when they got her from the pound and that was a real selling point for my son. Anyway, he adores her and found his gentle side again. So she was sort of a gateway from fear to affection with animals.