Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

02 Aug 2010, 10:19 pm

The animals eaten in the west are not rounded up from some wood somewhere-
They are purposely bred by the millions specifically to be eaten, to much destruction of the environment and the decimation of other predator species that threaten livestock.

It's actually not true that any species REQUIRES meat. Nutrition is what matters, not the source. With fortified pet food, no meat is required. I'm mommy to a big sweet tom who eats vegan pet food, and is in excellent health.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 10:25 pm

Friskeygirl wrote:
I hope your not serious, mice and rats are good eating

I'm beginning to think you are a trool after seeing this and some of your other posts. Rats and mice make wonderful sweet pets. I had three pet rats and they never once tried to bite. One was hairless and it was fun to chase people (my brothers' friends stupid girlfriends) around the house with her because they were afraid. :twisted: They never came back either. :twisted:

I have a pathological hate of human beings and am one of those "freaks" who favors animals over humans. Give me one good reason why I should care about human beings?

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 4:15 am

Animals are lovely. I dont like eating red meat anymore, only bird and fish and seafood... and I feel bad about eating these even. I would love to see more emphasis in the human diet on other sources of protein. I like to cook lentil stews, they are very versatile.

Taking a break.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 8:12 pm

Animals ftw

CockneyRebel, why did you target snakes in your first post? There are a lot of other carnivores out there as well... It'd be close to abuse to not allow them to eat their natural prey.

Speaking of population control, there is currently only one species that really need that!

Quote:
One was hairless and it was fun to chase people (my brothers' friends stupid girlfriends) around the house with her because they were afraid. They never came back either.

Lol! Wish I'd been there!! !

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 8:43 pm

The keeping of pets for entertainment and novelty is abusive to me. I used to rescue dogs. Most of them are unhappy!

The pet industry is huge, probably much bigger than say motorcycles. Caged and/or with many many birth defects....Animal lovers need to pull their heads out of their asses and see that pet keeping is usually cruel.

One day it will be a thing of the past, probably like sports, gasoline cars and hamburgers.

Life for most wild animals is eat the little guy, and dont get eaten by the big guy. We as humans have an animal nature and a god nature. The choices we make define us. Vegetarian and vegan lifestyles are absolutely necessary for some spiritually developed people.