[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Az10dr0xZY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSCotdOh5WY&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0qU404v1Og&feature=related[/youtube]

sorry I have no ridiculous phobias of me own :roll: :P :P

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 7:50 am

I have trypanophobia (even though I strongly support vaccination, heheh).

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 8:44 am

I've gotten a bit agoraphobic over the years. Didn't used to be that way.

I hate slugs and snails; they completely creep me out. Something about the undulating form and the slime. I remember having nightmares about them when I was about 3 or so ("OMG... they're very slowly catching up to me!")

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 10:00 am

I think I have a phobia of everything. :oops:

Needles
Dentists
Operations
Anything invasive
Cows
Horses
Other peoples dogs
Spiders
Earwigs
Heights
Sailing
Swans
Sharks
Dying
Nuclear War

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them now.

Fluke83
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2010, 10:16 am

OH boy....

NEEDLES!!

Sure way to reduce me to a nervous wreck.. I've always been envious of the stereotypical needle-phobiac (like the ones portrayed in movies and TV) who faint at the sight of a needle... What I wouldn't give to blissfully pass out!
I even had a dream about it once, I passed out at the sight of the needle, and the stupid people woke me up to see if I was ok, I asked if they'd done it yet, they said no, we had to wake you up, I passed out again and the whole thing just repeated... Talk about nightmare...

My needle phobia also extends so that I absolutely dread the going to the doctor, dentist, HOSPITAL.. Someone always wants to poke you for something..

Oh, and bees/wasps.. Anything that stings. And then of course people will laugh and make fun of me while I'm doing my wasp dance and song, heheh

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 10:43 am

It seems a lot of us have a fear of heights lol

I doubt this is an aspie thing though, as I do know other NTs that are afraid of heights.

Mine stems from the fact that when I was a kid I had very little depth perception...even though I have glasses now, at night I have pretty bad depth perception still...

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 7:08 pm

Vomiting
Choking

My worst fear would be choking to death on my own vomit like Jimi Hendrix.

newtybajootie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2010, 8:52 pm

My phobia is of sharks. Swimming in any kind of water I can't see into, imagining bodies of water, even standing on the shore can send me into a panic. Shark Week on Discovery Channel is always dicey because if I'm flipping through the channels and accidentally land on an image of a shark, it can be enough to make me pull my legs up onto the couch and go into panic mode. Of course, then I have a good laugh at myself--once the channel has been changed, naturally!

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 1:16 am

jdcnosse wrote:

I doubt this is an aspie thing though, as I do know other NTs that are afraid of heights.

Mine stems from the fact that when I was a kid I had very little depth perception...even though I have glasses now, at night I have pretty bad depth perception still...

I am guessing that everyone has vertigo when near a ledge. Many think of this as a phobia, but I would say that a true phobia of heights would keep a person from flying or even being in tall buildings. I have vertigo when near a ledge, but used to enjoy hang gliding (once or twice from 3000 feet above ground level) and sport parachuting.

My only phobia is possibly claustrophobia although it isn't bad enough to have kept me from enjoying cave tours, for example. My fear is from being in an enclosed space and not being able to move enough to escape. I was in this situation only once. Being skinny, I was elected to try to get into a locked car through the trunk. (I don't remember why we could get into the trunk.) BTW, this was not an illegal situation, someone lost their keys. I got stuck, but was pulled out by my feet.

fleeced
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Aug 2010, 3:41 am

eggs, garlic, vegetable fat, meat - especially fat, bodily excretions and secretions, phones, people

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 10:43 am

Rocky wrote:
jdcnosse wrote:

I am guessing that everyone has vertigo when near a ledge. Many think of this as a phobia, but I would say that a true phobia of heights would keep a person from flying or even being in tall buildings. I have vertigo when near a ledge, but used to enjoy hang gliding (once or twice from 3000 feet above ground level) and sport parachuting.

My only phobia is possibly claustrophobia although it isn't bad enough to have kept me from enjoying cave tours, for example. My fear is from being in an enclosed space and not being able to move enough to escape. I was in this situation only once. Being skinny, I was elected to try to get into a locked car through the trunk. (I don't remember why we could get into the trunk.) BTW, this was not an illegal situation, someone lost their keys. I got stuck, but was pulled out by my feet.

I've never flown, and as long as I don't think about how high up I am, I can go in tall buildings, but not too high. In college some of my friends rooms were on the 6th floor of their dorm (it's the largest/longest non-military dormitory in the US). Needless to say I didn't visit him much lol

However I would have a fear of claustrophobia like you described, if there wasn't enough space for me to escape from an uncomfortable situation

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 10:51 am

Ever since I was a kid, I always had this stupid phobia of balloons or practically anything that popped, I was also pretty sounds sensitive and certain noises did hurt my head and isn't comfortable either.

I'm alot better at actually getting over it although I still hate balloons no matter what and there was this one time when there was a party where I had to pop balloons, I literally started sweating and everything, I wanted to walk out but I couldn't show people that it freaked me out, although my mates already noticed me started to sweat and was frigidity at the same time.

I guess that slightly overcome it.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 11:45 am

MechAnime wrote:
Earwigs. Eww, eww, ewwwww!

And this is a bad year for them. I have to be careful they don't fall on my head when I open the back door.

You would hate to come to my apartment then. I live slightly below ground floor (half the apartment is below ground level) and they will crawl in through small spaces. I also get pillbugs and spiders, but the pillbugs don't go far from the window.

But I'm used to it, they don't freak me out. 8)

The phobia I have is my house/apartment catching on fire, so I make sure the stove is off before I leave, and making sure no fabrics (like bed covers) touches an electrical outlet.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 12:18 pm

Mostly social situations - parties, crowded bars, etc.

And claustrophobia in some situations - for me the worst thing in the world is if I'm sitting at a desk or table and someone comes and sits down on top the desk or table - especially in one of those old fashioned one person desks like you often find in classrooms, where the chair is attached to the table and there's an arm rest to the side, so you can only leave the chair one way. If I sit in one of those and someone sites down on top of it, which basically traps you there, I almost panic.

MechAnime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 12:42 pm

Metalwolf wrote:
MechAnime wrote:
Earwigs. Eww, eww, ewwwww!

And this is a bad year for them. I have to be careful they don't fall on my head when I open the back door.

You would hate to come to my apartment then. I live slightly below ground floor (half the apartment is below ground level) and they will crawl in through small spaces. I also get pillbugs and spiders, but the pillbugs don't go far from the window.

But I'm used to it, they don't freak me out. 8)

Oh, we get lots of them. First year we moved to the country, I was finding them everywhere in the house, including in my keyboard, which made for a great start to my day. :S

They have cycles, and some years are worse than others. This is one of the bad ones. I can't sit out on my deck this year without being vigilant, a swatter by my side, if I sit out there at all. I don't know why, they just send a succession of chills down my spine just to think of them. I'm usually okay with most other insects. The thing I hate the most about them is that they often show up where I least expect them, and they startle the crap out of me. They appear to be curious critters that are always in your business! Maybe I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't look like they were created in hell! :lol: