somebody leaving me
heights
bees
and needles

Capper7
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2010, 10:02 pm

I match you 5/5, dwoolridge. I really don't like any insects. Or spiders.

My family went a couple times to this hot air balloon show and I was unable to look up at them. This kind of happens at the beach (the few times I've been there). I'm very uneasy about looking around; the skies are usually clear and the ocean seems to go on forever. I try to get around this by wearing a baseball cap and using the brim as a "roof".

Also, I don't like to be physically restrained in any way or picked up.

Capper7
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2010, 10:04 pm

Oh, yeah. I talked about this in another thread. Driving is a big one.

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 11:15 pm

Claustrophobia in a way.
small room by myself is okay, but enclosed with other people, especially ones I care about (though I think it's more that I care about what they think of me) that really bothers me.
Physical contact with others can set it off, though it usually requires me to be uncomfortable with the environment in the first place, ie, already feeling closed in.

Humidity, High pressure systems, Heat, stale air, and other weather related issues that give the feeling of being closed in also set me off.

It can spill over into commitment issues too, but so long as there is a realistic "way out" I can deal with it, even if the out is something I'd never use... it has to be there.

sErgEantaEgis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Aug 2010, 2:13 am

Well I'm dead afraid of dark,up to the point I can't move anymore and I start crying and panicking...

I'm also afraid of body interiors,organs,eyeballs,etc...Curiously,blood doesn't affect me at all.It's not really a phobia,but more of a pathological disgust.Assisting at a churgery would knock me unconcious.

I'm really afraid of the Flood Infection forms from Halo,the Facehuggers from Alien and the Headcrabs from Half-Life.I'm always scared one of them will attack me from the back at all time,but I know it's a silly fear induced by playing too much video games :) ...

I'm very afraid of heights,and simply [thinking] about heights,or a freefalling sensation,makes me feel very uncomfortable and can sometime cause me to panic...

I'm also dead afraid of a lot of other things,but oddly I can't seem to remind all of them...

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

02 Aug 2010, 2:32 am

I dont have alot of unrealistic fears anymore but when I was a kid, I was afraid of buildings falling on me, the dryer, and electricity.
A light bulb burning out would terrify me for days. I had a dream that reoccured 4-5 times as a kid about being electicuted and I developed a pathological fear of electricity...would not use the vacuum cleaner...or any electrical appliance and I was terrified of anything that glows in the dark...well into my 20's...then I got over that too

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

02 Aug 2010, 2:54 am

i'm scared of talking to girls