Hello... Followed by a climate question...

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

WilliamRoberts
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Aug 2010, 2:41 am

Hello, let me start by saying a have never been diagnosed with autism, aspergers, OCD, AHD, or anything, and personally looking at many of the posts here, I can relate to many of them, but not in a concrete fashion, like I 'have' to do this or that, or I 'can't' do this or that.

That being said, I was directed here by a friend, who said some people here might have the same issue with temperatures that I have, and possibly might find some advice.

I always run hot, always have, and I abhor heat. I often have beads of sweat at work, while coworkers turn on personal heaters (which drives me insane) At night, I sweat while my girlfriend shivers, and when she tries to snuggle, I shrug her off, not for any emotional thing or anything, but I'm already sweating and a human blanket doesn't make sense in my mind.

A classic case was last winter driving home, I was car pooling with my gal, I don't use the heat while commuting, it is a regular cab truck I can heat it enough myself. Well I gave her my jacket as a blanket, and drove in with only a t-shirt on, so I could keep the heat on low to off. (I live in Alaska)

She thinks there is something wrong with me, since I'm always hot. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with me, I'm not sensitive to temps, I don't mind cold at all. From what I gather from reading, and I could be wrong, limited autistic diagnosed individuals often hate temp swings, I don't, I just hate heat, and it bothers me enough to post here. I think I just run a little hotter then most, everyone's body is different. I also figure I have significant more muscle weight then my gf, which would generate more heat even at standing rest.

That all being said, if anyone here has issues with heat, I would appreciate any suggestions. I drink ice water all day, have a fan, and still miserable at even 68 degrees,. though it often exceeds 70-75 degrees at the office... At home, I don't think there is much help sleeping, if I am not sweating she is shivering.

Any help/tips if anyone here has similar issues, I'm all ears...

-Wr

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 8:05 am

Welcome! and as for your question, I can't answer with great detail. Manily of the fact that most of the time I'm trying to cool down. ( I live in Texas ) 90-100+ Fareinheight * i evny you just for 68 degrees. 8) I don't know if your sensitive to temps because of what you think, it could be something else.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 8:55 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet. :)

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 9:22 am

Are you particularly large or tall? It may be you simply have a large volume to surface area ratio.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 10:13 am

Hello, WilliamRoberts - and welcome to the Wrong Planet forums.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 3:46 pm

Welcome!

WilliamRoberts
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Aug 2010, 5:22 am

Thanks for the welcome messages...

But in regard to body size, I'm short, 5'6", but somewhat muscular, and that has always been my reason as to why I'm hot all the time. I was curious though if anyone here has issues with heat and how they deal with it in company. I avoid prolonged periods in the car with others, as I know they won't like the windows down, or AC on. I get in a fowl mood when I get hot, and often find it distracting to the point I find it hard to concentrate on what I'm working on at work, which makes me more upset.

I don't think there is anything I can do, that will change my body, but is there anything anyone has done to help deal with the irritation of temperature? I realize when I'm at work, and multiple people say it is cold, that it is something with me that is causing me to be hot, and I don't want to make other people uncomfortable, but when I have a bead of sweat dripping down my brow, that is all I can think of, and can't focus.

Frustrated...
Wr

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 8:46 am

hello

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2010, 8:46 am

hello