Unwritten forum rules (AKA Stuff that annoys us as a forum)

Page 7 of 8 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jul 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 29,539
Location: California

05 Aug 2010, 1:36 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:
28. Neg heads

29) Not explaining your lingo.

What the hell is a neg head?


Exactly what I was thinking. :-\


_________________
Still looking for that blue jean baby queen, prettiest girl I've ever seen.


Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,516
Location: Aspergers Quadrant, INTJ, AQ 45/50

05 Aug 2010, 1:39 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:
28. Neg heads

29) Not explaining your lingo.

What the hell is a neg head?


I really LOVE your username and enjoy seeing it in threads.

28 (revised and expanded)

Neg heads: Negative thinking people (posters who contribute (almost) NOTHING except repetitive, boring negative posts)

ie do you hate?, get annoyed?, hate?.........etc


_________________
Now then, tell me. What did Miggs say to you? Multiple Miggs in the next cell. He hissed at you. What did he say?


Last edited by Blindspot149 on 05 Aug 2010, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,774
Location: None

05 Aug 2010, 1:44 am

Trolls.
I ignore trolls most of the time because I find the behaviour old.
If WP had an ignore list there are about 5 members off the top of my head I would put on it.



Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,516
Location: Aspergers Quadrant, INTJ, AQ 45/50

05 Aug 2010, 1:54 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Trolls.
I ignore trolls most of the time because I find the behaviour old.
If WP had an ignore list there are about 5 members off the top of my head I would put on it.


I'd being willing to pay for the facility of ignoring (their posts would be invisible to me) a few people on WP.

Wonder how many people would add me to THEIR ignore list :wink: :arrow:


_________________
Now then, tell me. What did Miggs say to you? Multiple Miggs in the next cell. He hissed at you. What did he say?


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,775
Location: Pacific Northwest

05 Aug 2010, 2:13 am

Ever since being here, I have only put four people on ignore total. But I took one of them off when her spelling got better.

I had to install greasemonkey to use that feature here. I don't usually put people on ignore but if they are trolls who are trying to start trouble with me or I think their posts are BS, I put them on ignore. There have been a very few people whom I couldn't stand and also wanted to put them on ignore. I just try hard to skip their posts now when I come to it. Greasemonkey makes it much easier. Long posts are easy to skip.



hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,774
Location: None

05 Aug 2010, 2:19 am

Blindspot149 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Trolls.
I ignore trolls most of the time because I find the behaviour old.
If WP had an ignore list there are about 5 members off the top of my head I would put on it.


I'd being willing to pay for the facility of ignoring (their posts would be invisible to me) a few people on WP.

Wonder how many people would add me to THEIR ignore list :wink: :arrow:


WP used to have an ignore function, then they got rid of it, I have no idea why.
I think on large forums it's quite needed.



Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,152

05 Aug 2010, 7:15 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Followthereaper90 wrote:
jmnixon95 wrote:
MONIQUEIJ wrote:
Guitar_Girl wrote:
13. No posting threads with bad grammer!


if somebody have a learning disability that can effect the side of the brain that control such things as punctuation then how in the heck is that their fault :roll:


What's the disorder?
dyslexia


I have Dyslexia, and I manage pretty well.

Still, I'm not putting this one in the rules. It would limit certain peoples' posting ability and that's not what this thread is supposed to be about.


I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I sort of meant it in a joking way because bad grammer is one of my biggest pet peeves and I get mad at my parents for doing it. But I understand some people have disabilities.



Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Dec 2009
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,016

05 Aug 2010, 7:19 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Trolls.
I ignore trolls most of the time because I find the behaviour old.
If WP had an ignore list there are about 5 members off the top of my head I would put on it.


I'd being willing to pay for the facility of ignoring (their posts would be invisible to me) a few people on WP.

Wonder how many people would add me to THEIR ignore list :wink: :arrow:


WP used to have an ignore function, then they got rid of it, I have no idea why.
I think on large forums it's quite needed.


It wouldn't really work, you'd still see quotes from people you blocked etc.



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,497
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

05 Aug 2010, 7:29 am

I've only put one person, on ignore and that was 5 years ago.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,876
Location: Behind the wheel

05 Aug 2010, 7:34 am

League_Girl wrote:
Ever since being here, I have only put four people on ignore total. But I took one of them off when her spelling got better.

I had to install greasemonkey to use that feature here. I don't usually put people on ignore but if they are trolls who are trying to start trouble with me or I think their posts are BS, I put them on ignore. There have been a very few people whom I couldn't stand and also wanted to put them on ignore. I just try hard to skip their posts now when I come to it. Greasemonkey makes it much easier. Long posts are easy to skip.


Yes! I LOVE my greasemonkey plug-in. Funny thing is the person who recommend I install it was one of the people I have on ignore. SHE PUT ME ON IGNORE FIRST!! ! :P
You can still see the ignored person's posts in the topic review pane when you type your reply, and you can still get PM's from them. It's a dismal replacement for a proper ignore feature in that regard.



League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,775
Location: Pacific Northwest

05 Aug 2010, 11:17 am

Luckily it's easy to just delete their PM without opening it. Somehow there is a way to put someone on ignore and their posts don't show up as you make a reply. But I only found that part through a link someone once posted. I forget how to do it or even get to that part. :(



MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jan 2009
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,896
Location: Stoke, England (sometimes :P)

05 Aug 2010, 11:21 am

Blindspot149 wrote:

12. Thread titles that bait with an unfinished sentence........and lead into an impotently boring opening thread post


What if the whole title won't fit? It will have to be unfinished then.


_________________
What film do atheists watch on Christmas?
Coincidence on 34th street.


TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jul 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 29,539
Location: California

05 Aug 2010, 11:39 am

Guitar_Girl wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I have Dyslexia, and I manage pretty well.

Still, I'm not putting this one in the rules. It would limit certain peoples' posting ability and that's not what this thread is supposed to be about.


I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I sort of meant it in a joking way because bad grammer is one of my biggest pet peeves and I get mad at my parents for doing it. But I understand some people have disabilities.


You haven't offended me. Spelling and grammar are very important to me. Partly because they don't come easily. I know it's kind of judgmental, but whenever I see someone using a disability like Dyslexia as an excuse I get angry.

I worked hard and have managed to overcome most of it, so why can't they?

It sucks that my sister has a more severe form of Dyslexia. She makes Monique's bad spelling and grammar look like a brilliant novel. That's not really her fault, though. The school system failed her... big time.


_________________
Still looking for that blue jean baby queen, prettiest girl I've ever seen.


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,775
Location: Pacific Northwest

05 Aug 2010, 11:50 am

My husband has brain damage so it effects his learning. He learned things slowly and did everything late. He didn't learn to read until he got to 4th grade and he was 11 or 12 then. He did first grade three times. But his teachers tried their best to teach him how to read and spell and things don't stick in his brain. He was even unable to memorize math problems so he always had to count and that is one of the reasons why he got held back. Plus he couldn't read.



TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jul 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 29,539
Location: California

05 Aug 2010, 11:52 am

League_Girl wrote:
My husband has brain damage so it effects his learning. He learned things slowly and did everything late. He didn't learn to read until he got to 4th grade and he was 11 or 12 then. He did first grade three times. But his teachers tried their best to teach him how to read and spell and things don't stick in his brain. He was even unable to memorize math problems so he always had to count and that is one of the reasons why he got held back. Plus he couldn't read.


I've never been able to memorize math problems, either. They tried to hold me back because I couldn't recite my times tables.

Brain damage, I understand. It's when people don't even try and use their disability as an excuse that I have a problem.


_________________
Still looking for that blue jean baby queen, prettiest girl I've ever seen.