Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2008
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,120
Location: Brisbane, Australia

04 Aug 2010, 5:35 am

I tend to kind of acumilate OCD when playing Fallout 3, I spend far too much time collecting things and such that I will rarely use, also I have the problem with ossesivly conserving amunition, and often choosing what I figure I have the most amunition then what will always work best. And one of the things I colect more then anything is stimpaks, I even travelled to Little Lamplight to save a few caps.

My favourite companion is is Fawkes, he is really strong and cool, the only problem is that he is hard to move around with.


_________________
Through dream I travel, at lantern's call
To consume the flames of a kingdom's fall


Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,728
Location: 47°36'N 122°20'W

04 Aug 2010, 5:40 pm

Fawkes is not exactly subtle. That's my biggest problem with Fawkes. He can't sneak and he does not use tactics such as flanking manouvers. Sneaking up on enemies is impossible with him in tow. Sneaking past enemies is also impossible. He'lll shoot at everything that moves.

HO HO HO HO!! ! Rat-tat-tat-tat-tat!! !! Now try and hide!! !

Best companion in the game is Star Palladin Cross. She can sneak and follow player's tactics. Players with good carma can recruit her at the citadel, after the point in the main quest when the player is allowed into the citadel. Cross is an expert with energy weapons. So go get the Alien Blaster and give it to her. OMG! She's DEADLY with that thing.



GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Aug 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 824

04 Aug 2010, 5:51 pm

My problem with Cross is that she can ONLY be in your party with Good Karma. If it drops even a little bit she leaves you. Other companions will still stay with you after your Karma Level changes, but if you ever get seperated you will have to get that karma in the same place to recruit them which can be annoying.

Dogmeat, Charon, and Clover will stay loyal no matter what. Dogmeat and Charon can be recruited with any karma, and with Clover you need Evil Karma when you first buy her but after that she stays loyal even when you fire her.

I perfer Clover to Charon because she's human. Since my character lives in Tenpenny Tower, I just can't get into the hang of having a ghoul bodyguard following me around. Plus I like how you can give Clover different outfits to wear because her default outfit has such a low duration. The Raider Sadist Armor looks very cool on her in my opinion. 8)

Also Clover isn't really that bad of a fighter. Her fighting skills may be limited to small guns and melee, but she has a very high amount of HP compared to most human companions. Plus when given the right weapons she can be a serious butt-kicking killing machine. I like giving her the Shishkebab and either a Chinese Assault Rifle or Double Barrel Shotgun from the Point Lookout DLC.



SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 671

04 Aug 2010, 6:42 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
I enjoy this game, but the lack of ammo irritates me.


Scrounger perk.

L.



SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 671

04 Aug 2010, 6:52 pm

On my first play-through I didn't take companions except for Dogmeat, I wasn't able to find him, but he came and found me after a while, literally running up and saving me in the middle of a really ugly fight with my favourite wasteland Hulks. After that we became inseparable.

Sometimes I would just like to sit in my little slum house, with a chessboard on the table, and Dogmeat sitting at my feet, breathing. And just enjoy the moment.
If you had told me there was a game that made sitting around doing nothing, enjoyable, I wouldn't have believed you until I played it.

Dogmeat is great, except for that one little time he let the super mutant behemoth out. That was not funny.

L.



GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Aug 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 824

04 Aug 2010, 7:20 pm

Speaking of houses, my favorite is the Tenpenny Tower Suite. Sure it's not as big as the Megaton Shack, but it looks nicer and the themes have better decorations. Also it's in Tenpenny Tower which I think is a better settlement then Megaton. You get more shops with better stuff and more caps to trade with (unless you do the quest in which you let the ghouls in and kill everybody), and you get to live near Herbert Daring Dashwood who's like a Wasteland Celeberty! :D

I hate that you have to blow up Megaton to move in though, but I think it's worth it. Especially if you enjoy roleplaying an evil character like I do. :twisted:

My favorite theme is the Pre-War Theme, because it looks the most like a regular house.



Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Feb 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,332
Location: America

05 Aug 2010, 3:23 pm

Love this game even more now.


_________________
It don't take no Sherlock Holmes to see it's a little different around here.


sillycat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 423

09 Aug 2010, 7:12 pm

Fallout3 became popular because it took the franchise to the consoles and brought it to the new generation of gamers. Unfortunately, it dumbed down the result and mangled it beyond all recognition. The spirit of original Fallout still lives in those games from the late 90s, and no game since has managed to capture that feeling of being inside an alternate, living world.[/quote]

>>> Was disappointed That there was no Gore. One thing I loved about Fallout was how messy you could kill your enemies with you sneak up on someone, and burst your uzi into their chest. Organs spray everywhere to become radioactive dust. You power punch your armored fist into someone's face and it goes through their head. Even Lt Worf (Agent Frank, dies a painful and horrible death, his legs blow off he supports himself with his torso bleeds and his head flies off). Ha ha ha. Instead. You just ragdoll around with Fallout.



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,671
Location: Seattle

09 Aug 2010, 8:03 pm

The fact that I enjoyed Fallouts 1 and 2 in the past didn't inhibit me from enjoying this great game in it's own right, considering the length of time and advance in technology since the original games I think Bethesda did a great job in preserving the feel of the serious while updating the game play. Strangely, I never had any problem with ammo despite not taking "scrounger", but then again I'm a very thorough player when it comes to searching everything. My biggest gripe was the lack of weapon modifications from the earlier games, and that the unique guns didn't look any different, especially when getting some of them was so difficult. I also would have liked to see a better crafting system given the amount of junk lying around. Other than that, I put a lot of sleepless hours into this game just exploring the wasteland and accumulating stuff.


_________________
Murum Aries Attigit


KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,045
Location: Berkshire, UK.

09 Aug 2010, 9:22 pm

sillycat wrote:
Fallout3 became popular because it took the franchise to the consoles and brought it to the new generation of gamers. Unfortunately, it dumbed down the result and mangled it beyond all recognition. The spirit of original Fallout still lives in those games from the late 90s, and no game since has managed to capture that feeling of being inside an alternate, living world.

>>> Was disappointed That there was no Gore. One thing I loved about Fallout was how messy you could kill your enemies with you sneak up on someone, and burst your uzi into their chest. Organs spray everywhere to become radioactive dust. You power punch your armored fist into someone's face and it goes through their head. Even Lt Worf (Agent Frank, dies a painful and horrible death, his legs blow off he supports himself with his torso bleeds and his head flies off). Ha ha ha. Instead. You just ragdoll around with Fallout.

No gore in Fallout 3? I think not. Sure, it was a different kind of gore, since entities in Fallout 3 are 3D models and not sprites with pre-set death animations. Fallout 3 still had heads, limbs and gibs popping off all over the place.

Dox47 wrote:
The fact that I enjoyed Fallouts 1 and 2 in the past didn't inhibit me from enjoying this great game in it's own right, considering the length of time and advance in technology since the original games I think Bethesda did a great job in preserving the feel of the serious while updating the game play. Strangely, I never had any problem with ammo despite not taking "scrounger", but then again I'm a very thorough player when it comes to searching everything. My biggest gripe was the lack of weapon modifications from the earlier games, and that the unique guns didn't look any different, especially when getting some of them was so difficult. I also would have liked to see a better crafting system given the amount of junk lying around. Other than that, I put a lot of sleepless hours into this game just exploring the wasteland and accumulating stuff.

You could get all of that with mods.


_________________
If songs were lines in a conversation, the situation would be fine.


SonofStorms
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 83
Location: U.S. New Hampshire

12 Aug 2010, 1:42 pm

i've always loved the Fallout series..played them all ( even the ps2 version.....) but couldn't get F3 until recently (cash flow issues...) even now i'm waitin to get the GOTY edition....but i still love F3 and play it over and over...i've gone thru 3 times and each time i still find new things....and i'm a bit of a collector...mostly the armor and weapons....tho i do have a hard time being a "bad guy" type i still do it....