How do you deal with feeling painfully alone?

Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

BillyJoe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2010, 11:08 pm

slow old country music and copious amounts of alcoholic helps...

I don't know what the city folks do as far as tunes?

TheEverIneffableOjo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Sep 2010, 7:59 pm

Books.
Films.
Frenetically twittering to a horde of imaginary companions. :P

In short, reaping full advantage of any medium that offers the barest semblance of a human presence.

Night walks and prodigal helpings of Benylin Tickly Cough can also be of use.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:04 pm

Well not to well right now-have felt alone all day-even at a meeting of aspies-I have come to expect the feeling of being ignored in the NT world-and I don't know if its normal to feel alone in a room of people like me on the spectrum-and today is my birthday and have been alone all day-no matter how many birthdays I have it will never seem to get easier or better-I will never have what comes naturally to NT people.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 6:07 am

It rarely happens, but when I do get this feeling of loneliness I just watch some videos of comedians, other people having fun or do stupid dances that don't fit with whatever music I'm listening to.
It distracts me and afterwards the feeling's gone and I can go back to whatever I was doing, or continue the silly dancing.

Brundisium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2010, 8:08 am

I don't.

It sucks.

leeloodallas
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Oct 2010, 12:53 am

I've been virtually "alone" for a while but it's gotten way worse at college :cry: . It sucks pretty hard to feel ignored and looked at like you're an alien all day. I just do now what I usually do when I feel alone: watch my favorite movies/tv shows on dvd, read, draw, put on music, clean/organize, watch Family Guy or Seinfeld, go drive somewhere, go on an internet forum :D ...or just surf the net, play a video game,
go into the lounge where anyone can show up (hopefully), call/text/gtalk/facebook family

or, I just go to sleep... maybe I won't feel alone tomorrow? lol fat chance!
Like someone else already said, "it's an Aspie trait"; you can either dwell on something you most likely can't help or you can make the best of being yourself. A lot of people can't stand to be alone and need to be with others 24/7 to feel worthwhile and I feel that those are the types of people who can't even stand themselves.

whatsthepoint
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Oct 2010, 12:07 am

i just lay on the bed and do nothing and wonder why the world is so closed minded