Would you care if someone you hated died?

Page 8 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 7:43 pm

Nope, I'll celebrate if this kid who I REALLY hated died.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 7:47 pm

I would like them to come back as a happier person, and make a prayer to that effect. I don't really hate.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 9:27 pm

yes, i care when anyone dies. it's pretty irreversible.

and i don't care for eye-for-an-eye type attitudes so i don't feel people deserve to be put to death either.

a few years ago someone in my family was killed by a drunk driver and i was pleased not to hear of anyone obsessing on the idea of blaming the driver. it was moot and they knew it.

i don't think i hate anyone anyway.

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Nov 2010, 9:29 pm

This may sound awful, but I'd probably be glad if they died. Sociopaths are just human parasites. I don't understand how anyone cannot experience hate. A lot of people say they don't waste their time with it, but I don't see how it's even controllable. It's an emotional reaction, like love or fear. I can try not to think about the person I hate, but it doesn't change the way I feel about him or her.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 10:27 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I mean actually hated.
I don't like a lot of people but for specific people I wouldn't care if they died.
I don't actually "hate" many.

I'd probably laugh if someone I really hated died, because people I really hate are just flat out disgusting human beings.

Me too. I'd probably celebrate, as awful as that sounds. It would be the best closure possible. I don't like this side of me, though.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 10:36 pm

ediself wrote:
wait a sec, does this have anthing to do with being autistic?.

In a way it does. It has more to do with feeling ostrecized from your species, and hating those that made it that much more unbearable. It as to do with a lack of meaningful bonds, so you don't see human death as upsetting as someone with better memories of their life.

And it has to do with revenge.

mimsy123
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Nov 2010, 10:54 pm

Nope. There's only one person I've ever truly hated and I haven't seen her in years. If I found out she'd died, it really wouldn't effect me one way or the other.

Thebigrage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2010, 10:58 pm

Would I care if someone I purely hated died? Prolly not. Though there's really no one I hate that strongly. I dislike some people, but I like to give most the benefit of the doubt. If anyone I knew died I would care, but say hitler was still alive and I learned he died, Wouldn't care one bit for that ahole.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 11:09 pm

Eh.

I just don't hate anyone. People are just there, and they were all babies once.

Quote:
A lot of people say they don't waste their time with it, but I don't see how it's even controllable. It's an emotional reaction, like love or fear.

Actually, no. Love, hate, and fear are pretty much controllable once you know what's causing you to feel that way.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 11:47 pm

There was a bully in high school who died (was murdered getting mixed up in illegal activities) many years ago out of state and was buried in my hometown. When I visited the cemetary a few years ago, I went to where he was buried I spat on his grave and pretended to urinate on the tombstone.

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 2:52 am

I don't think so. I've been pretty unaffected by the deaths of people I've had no problem with whatsoever, so I doubt I'd be affected if it was someone who was a horrible person. I only know one horrible person who died. He had a bad stroke & died some months later. I was glad he had the stroke because he was such a horrible person I felt he deserved it, & when he died, maybe a year or so ago, I was sort of glad of it. Finally the world is rid of him. I think I might feel the same if others I didn't like died.

opal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 3:15 am

aeon555 wrote:
I often say 'If someone told me that person had died in a horrific accident I would be glad!'

Also I think because it's generally considered 'bad form' to revel in another person's death, most people will say they wouldn't do this just to conform, as it's 'the done thing'. Yet how many people practically hound others to their death by bullying etc - this is far worse than being glad someone they see as bad is dead in my opinion. People who admit to being glad are being honest, the others are being conformist imo. I also think there's a big difference between wanting a person dead/being glad they're dead and wanting them to suffer/have suffered a lot of pain/torture etc - the second option denotes sadistic tendencies in my opinion.

I agree with this whole heartedly. There have been several people who have mistreated and bullid me to the point I was suicidal. Others turned a blind eye or supported them. This is somehow seen as acceptable. If any of these people died I would not be upset. I would be glad they could not hurt me or anyone else again

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 2:38 pm

unless it was one of those love/hate things then no

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 3:15 pm

Silver_Meteor wrote:
There was a bully in high school who died (was murdered getting mixed up in illegal activities) many years ago out of state and was buried in my hometown. When I visited the cemetary a few years ago, I went to where he was buried I spat on his grave and pretended to urinate on the tombstone.

:lol: I don't know if I would do the same thing but I wouldn't feel any sadness if a bully that picked on me died. Karma. If only all bullies get pain that is much worse then the pain they gave to me.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

yellowLedbetter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2010, 9:28 am

I think about this a lot. There was this guy in grade school that tormented the hell out of me and was absolutely despicable. I can honestly say I hated him. If he died I don't know what I'd feel - I try to imagine a movie situation wherein something like that happened to imagine how I would feel.

I also have a truly despicable uncle - if he died I would not be particularly sad for him, but I'd feel bad for his son (my cousin) even though he doesn't really care for him that much, I'd feel kinda upset for my dad but he also has some aspie traits and I don't know how he'd react.

I guess I can't really say since I never experienced it - that's a weird situation to put myself in. Again, I relate through movies.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 5:44 pm

It happened, and I wondered whether there was a pattern.