The future's bright, the future's red and blue!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2010, 4:34 am

Now that the World Cup has been and gone, it's back to domestic football in the UK! This weekend sees the Npower Football League Championship - which is the 2nd tier behind the Premier League - kick off. Im a Crystal Palace fan and very much looking forward to our opening game against Leicester City on Saturday afternoon. COME ON YOU EAGLES!

It's been a tough 6 months for Palace, including being deducted 10 points for going into administration, being forced to sell one of our best players, losing our manager to a rival London club, avoiding relegation to League One on the final day of last season and the real possbility of going bust. However, the CPFC2010 consortium finalised their takeover of the club at the beginning of June, leaving us to look forward to a better future.

Though the bookies have tipped us for relegation, im confident that George Burley (Our new manager) can bring the good times back. After all, he got Ipswich Town into the Premier League 10 years ago, and took Derby County and Southampton into the play-offs. Who's to say we can't finish in the top 6? :wink:

Forget the overpaid, overhyped and overrated Premier League, the Championship is where it's at! GEORGIE BURLEY'S RED N' BLUE ARMY!

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 1:32 pm

Yeah, I have to agree the EPL is overrated. Maybe you get 4 or 5 really great games a season. The rest are usually overhyped disappointments, and it's getting a bit ridiculous that there are very little Englishmen in the EPL.

I hope the season will be black and white, as I'm a NUFC fan. If we can make it to the top 10, that would be great, and as long as Man U don't win the League I'll be happy.

As for the Championship, I hope Palace have a good season. It would be great for Selhurst Park to be a premiership ground again. Blackpool won the playoffs last year, so I think most teams can have a good chance of making them this year.