Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 11:58 pm

Anyone else here use VLC to watch DVDs from other regions?

I recently started using this. I'm able to watch Region 4 (Australia) because they use PAL but I'm having trouble with an NTSC disc; I put the DVD in the drive and the computer picks it up but I don't get any video or audio signals.

Anyone know what I need to do to get an NTSC disc to run on my PC?

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 4:13 am

I wish DVDs would stop using that pointless piece of s**t region coding thing that is only there tio allow the media companies to each set their own pricing policies. It does NOTHING to stop piracy and the only thing it does is to piss off consumers.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 1:17 pm

Ichinin wrote:
I wish DVDs would stop using that pointless piece of sh** region coding thing that is only there tio allow the media companies to each set their own pricing policies. It does NOTHING to stop piracy and the only thing it does is to piss off consumers.

Problem solved. Someone on another forum recommended a program called AnyDVD which bypasses all the security stuff and turns your drive into a region-free/region 0 drive.

Just watched the whole first season of Clarissa Explains It All; an old Nick show that was only released on DVD in the US.