No way, this happened almost a hundred years ago! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I can't say for sure if this was actually a genocide. 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

mamc1986
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Aug 2010, 2:54 pm

Either way here is the link so that you can sign it so that the US can reconise the Armenian Genocide as a genocide just like Obama promised! We need 1064 signiatures for anyone that cares about the Armenians or just humans in general, I already signed it! Twenty-six countries and forty-four US states have reconised this as a genocide. 8O

http://www.change.org/petitions/view/tell_congress_to_recognize_the_armenian_genocide

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 2:56 pm

You are aware that neither congress nor Lord Obama will do a blessed thing that will p*ss off our Turkish Allies. Petition or no petition, the resolution will not happen.

ruveyn

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 3:08 pm

Turkey must stop denying the Armenian Genocide, apologize to the Armenians and reinvite them back to Turkey.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

08 Aug 2010, 3:16 pm

I haven't really read much about the Armenian genocide. I'm sure it's horrible and all but I don't think we need congress to recognize it one way or another. Does it really make a difference? It would just piss off the Turks who are one of our most valuable allies in the middle east.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 3:59 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:
Turkey must stop denying the Armenian Genocide, apologize to the Armenians and reinvite them back to Turkey.

I'm still not sure I understand why this issue causes diplomatic problems with Turkey. The Armenian genocide occurred under the Ottoman Empire.

Sionis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Aug 2010, 6:20 pm

Laconvivencia wrote:

The Armenians already have a country of their own now.

FerrariMike_40
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Aug 2010, 4:49 am

I sympathize with Armenians a lot and think this genocide should be recognized. How about America pulls out of Iraq and therefore they won't need Turkey to approve every single of their decisions.

Just another foreign policy mistake by America towards Eastern Europe and the Caucasus.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 7:48 am

FerrariMike_40 wrote:
How about America pulls out of Iraq and therefore they won't need Turkey to approve every single of their decisions.

We are currently in the process of withdrawing from Iraq.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 1:34 pm

ruveyn wrote:
You are aware that neither congress nor Lord Obama will do a blessed thing that will p*ss off our Turkish Allies. Petition or no petition, the resolution will not happen.

ruveyn

I admire your anti-government pessimism.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

mamc1986
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2010, 12:50 pm

Even if this petition doesn't work out, that's all right, a least the people who aren't Armenains who signed it made a difference along with those who are Armenains.

I mean I'm just bothered by this more so than the Holocast because at least the German government apologised. When it comes right down to it its really the Turks who will look like the total badguys, even though some of them acutally do reconise it at a genocide.

Yes the Ottoman Empire are responisble for going against other Chrstian minorities too, like the Greeks, Assarians and other Christians. Did I mention that they are mean to the Kurds, at least the Kurds admitted that they helped the Turkish government out by eliminting these Armenians.

The most important matter is to not fully blame the entire Turkish population on this issue, its not their faults that they could go to prison for claiming it to be a genocide.