Could you survive with no technology?

Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2010, 12:08 pm

I'm wired, as I type this, on my Wii. I have my controller, in my left hand, and a vast selection of YouTube music, to the right.

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2010, 1:23 pm

takemitsu wrote:
I would love it. I believe that a lot of people here would benefit too, as everyone would again be forced to except everyone because there would be no computer or TV screen to hide behind. This probably would take some time to come into affect. I'm sure it would be gut-wrenching to begin with.

I said this assuming that the OP meant that there would be no modern technology, but if there was none at all (no houses, beds, clothes, etc), I don't think I'd last long. It's too far of a fall from the life I've known. Our lives are practically godlike compared to those of apes, and without technology, what would be the different between our species? I don't think many people could survive a change so drastic. Everyone would be OK for maybe a week or two, but then the morale would take a nose-dive from (Just alone) eating pretty disgusting things for sustenance. People would go crazy because we've been conditioned all of our lives to hid our primal fears and compulsions, but then our survival depends on exploiting them. The people of the 3rd world and the homeless have the best chance for survival, obviously.