Total votes : 75

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2010, 8:59 am

Erisad wrote:
Stellar wrote:
Erisad wrote:
I use pads because I'm scared of putting things into my vagina. I'm afraid I'll end up causing severe damage to myself or that it'll fall out or that I won't be able to get it back. >.<

Just take it out every 2-6 hours and you'll be golden. They don't hurt at all and you don't really have to worry about staining or anything like that. Tampons won't fall out either. They expand when they get moistened, and you have to pull a tiny bit hard for it to come out. The string is very very veryyy strong though. :) Tampons are also less expensive.

I love tampons. Now I'm not even all that disappointed when my period comes.

Mooncups seem cool but I don't think we have them in America. :pale: Maybe online?? :)

I know people keep telling me that but I'm still scared of using them. Probably because I've never had anything in my vaj before. :oops: That and mom says that you're only
supposed to use them after you lose your virginity. So if I were to start using them, she'll assume I've become a whore. D:

I've heard of sooo many girls experiencing pain with tampons so I know it would happen to me since I'm super-sensitive down there. :(

What your mom says about using tampons is not true. I started using tampons at 14 and I'm still a virgin.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 9:16 am

anarchybovine wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Stellar wrote:
Erisad wrote:
I use pads because I'm scared of putting things into my vagina. I'm afraid I'll end up causing severe damage to myself or that it'll fall out or that I won't be able to get it back. >.<

Just take it out every 2-6 hours and you'll be golden. They don't hurt at all and you don't really have to worry about staining or anything like that. Tampons won't fall out either. They expand when they get moistened, and you have to pull a tiny bit hard for it to come out. The string is very very veryyy strong though. :) Tampons are also less expensive.

I love tampons. Now I'm not even all that disappointed when my period comes.

Mooncups seem cool but I don't think we have them in America. :pale: Maybe online?? :)

I know people keep telling me that but I'm still scared of using them. Probably because I've never had anything in my vaj before. :oops: That and mom says that you're only supposed to use them after you lose your virginity. So if I were to start using them, she'll assume I've become a whore. D:

I've heard of sooo many girls experiencing pain with tampons so I know it would happen to me since I'm super-sensitive down there. :(

What your mom says about using tampons is not true. I started using tampons at 14 and I'm still a virgin.

Yeah. I'm still apprehensive towards the idea. I wouldn't know how small of one to get and I don't know if I'm ready to use one. I know they go into the vaj but I don't know how to do it and I don't think I can handle the stress of learning how right now. >.<

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2010, 1:59 am

Tried tampons once. They were not very friendly. It hurt for me too. I think it's mainly because I bleed heavily.

ninszot
Toucan
Toucan

20 Aug 2010, 10:21 am

I always hated pads because my flow was very very heavy so they sometimes leaked outthe corners and stained my clothes - very embarasing! :oops:

Tampons are more effective but they cost money and are bad for the environment.

I was very happy when I found out about "The Keeper" - which is similar to the Moon Cup

I had the same one for almost 10 years - because you can steralize it yourself they are much more cleaner and safer (toxic shock is caused by growth of bacteria on tampons which are produced in filthy factories and stored in Warehouses - that sometimes have rats) - Menstral Cups are also better for the environment :D

If I calculate my savings over that 10 year period (sorry bad pun), I saved almost $700 which is more than the company projects in their sales pitch :o

http://www.keeper.com/index.html

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 11:38 am

I tried tampons before when I wanted to go swimming. But they freaking hurt! Don't pretend they don't. Or maybe I am just too small or it's cuz I'm a virgin.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 11:54 am

Kiseki wrote:
I tried tampons before when I wanted to go swimming. But they freaking hurt! Don't pretend they don't. Or maybe I am just too small or it's cuz I'm a virgin.

That's probably why I don't want to try them. I'm very small down there too. >.<

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 6:26 pm

ninszot wrote:
I always hated pads because my flow was very very heavy so they sometimes leaked outthe corners and stained my clothes - very embarasing! :oops:

Tampons are more effective but they cost money and are bad for the environment.

I was very happy when I found out about "The Keeper" - which is similar to the Moon Cup

I had the same one for almost 10 years - because you can steralize it yourself they are much more cleaner and safer (toxic shock is caused by growth of bacteria on tampons which are produced in filthy factories and stored in Warehouses - that sometimes have rats) - Menstral Cups are also better for the environment :D

If I calculate my savings over that 10 year period (sorry bad pun), I saved almost $700 which is more than the company projects in their sales pitch :o

http://www.keeper.com/index.html

i can't use these because ummmmm.... my fingers are too short. can't even reach my own g-spot, sigh.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 6:28 pm

Those Mooncups and Keepers look huuge. I don't think they could fit inside me. :oops:

hyperlexian - my fingers are short too. :(

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 6:33 pm

Erisad wrote:
Those Mooncups and Keepers look huuge. I don't think they could fit inside me. :oops:

hyperlexian - my fingers are short too. :(

heh, probably the length of a woman's vag, or at least how deep her cervix is, would make a difference too.

i asked my gynecologist about it last time i had a pap smear. he had to get a different length of speculum (the contraption that opens the cervix), so i leaned up on my elbows and i asked him if there is any correlation between the length of speculum required and a woman's height. he said no. i expected there would be.... ?

Cuterebra
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2010, 6:34 pm

They make junior-sized tampons that are very slender--i had a friend who could use those, but other sizes were too big.

The Instead Cup is extremely comfortable once you get the hang of insertion--there's a bit of a learning curve, and taking them out can be messy. But way more comfortable than tampons and they can be left in for longer.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 6:41 pm

hyperlexian - Really? I would have thought so too. So what does make the difference in size? :O

Cuterebra- Is it bigger than a tampon? If so, it won't fit. If I leave it in too long, wouldn't I risk an infection or something? >.<

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 8:24 pm

Kiseki wrote:

I'm a virgin and it's not hard to find a good size. :) They're mostly comfortable if your flow is heavy by the way. If your period is really light then just stick with pads, or else the tampon will be uncomfortable. :P

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 8:28 pm

Yeah, my periods are usually light-medium flow so pads are easier for me. :D

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 10:50 pm

Erisad wrote:
hyperlexian - Really? I would have thought so too. So what does make the difference in size? :O

he didn't have an explanation.

funny though, cuz penis size is generally correlated to height i think.

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

21 Aug 2010, 12:46 am

MONKEY wrote:
Pads. I tried to put a tampon in once but it hurt and I chickened out.

Same here.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 6:52 am

hyperlexian wrote:
Erisad wrote:

he didn't have an explanation.

funny though, cuz penis size is generally correlated to height i think.

I don't think that's true either. My ex was like 5'6", which is short for a guy and he had a relatively large schlong. I think it's just genetics. :D