Man annoyed by autistic child in restaurant attacks father.

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 1:03 am

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Encapsulated within a skull; covered in sheets of skin

10 Aug 2010, 1:13 am

Quote:
Paul Blankfield, who does not appear to have a prior criminal history, is charged with battery, a first-degree misdemeanor that carries a possible $1,000 fine and a year in jail.

I hope he gets that fine and that year. :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 1:22 am

what a sickening bigoted thug that man is. in an earlier era he might have been well-suited for the management of concentration camps.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 1:36 am

Wow. Notice how the article said no one else had a problem with their son making too much noise?

Apparently the kid wasn't that disruptive and the man just couldn't tolerate it so he attacks the father.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 1:45 am

It is a good thing this dirty old poopyhole will not
ever become president of the US, he would have
us all in prison for being different, he would
make playing illegal past the outside age
of 12, he would make everyone work at jobs
they cannot do then have the boss beanhatch
and terrorise them instead of just firing them,
he would make everyone "marry" someone even
if they were the wrong person, he would force
the One Size Fits All on everyone and puhisshs
them if they can't do it.

He would try to force all of us who cannot "conform"
and then have us done away with.

He would be a modern day Hitler.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 2:14 am

MrDiamondMind wrote:
Quote:
Paul Blankfield, who does not appear to have a prior criminal history, is charged with battery, a first-degree misdemeanor that carries a possible $1,000 fine and a year in jail.

I hope he gets that fine and that year. :D

Let´s hope that happens and he is able to learn a lesson out of this.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 2:47 am

I have a suggestion, the vile thug should get a year of prison and be put on a chain gang in a cafe or restaurant washing pot and plates by hand.

When I like to eat I like to sit down in a quiet place and have a nice relaxing meal without noise, but if someone nearby gets on my nerves by making noise it does not give me a license to punch them or poke them with a fork. I think that the thug needs to learn to tolerate other people better.

I hope for his sake that if he goes to jail that he learns to be more tolerant of others and makes more of an effort to get along with others. Otherwise I have visions of the patrons of "the lemon room of HMP belmarsh" (or what ever you might nickname the prison dining room) giving him forty whacks !

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 4:16 am

"Good for him. He gets what he deserved...an autistic kid."
The mind boggles at what that could mean :roll:

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 6:24 am

i'm not upset at the fact that the boy had autism, that would be biased, i'm upset at the fact that he is only four and i deal with enough normal four year old too know it's hard to keep them quiet.
so i don't think the man hit the guy because his son had autism :roll:
but the man was a jackass for hitting him because everybody know that most kids that young are noisy, and that the olive garden is family friendly, so if he don't like little kids why did he bother to even go there to begin with. :roll:

but also let me add i'm happy people are not turning this into a black and white thing because it happens a lot :roll:

and also could it be possible that the man had a undiagnose ASD himself a lot of people on here wrote in another thread they can't stand kids cause they make to much noise.
just saying you never know, and no even if the guy did have a disorder it still don't excused
what he have done.
or may he is just a bully

now i watched the video and this man is a ass for his comment he gave to the police, i don't want too misquote but it shows it at the end.

please don't call me troll just in case if someone is thinking that because of my post :P

voss749
Raven
Raven

10 Aug 2010, 7:27 am

Im gonna be the devils advocate here.

The guy is a dick who deserves singnificant jail time BUT should we be giving parents with autistic kids a free pass for
whatever bad behavior their children engage in??? Were not talking about fidgeting,
were talking about screaming. Its not like its an airplane, the father could have easily
taken the child outside to calm him down.

btw: Some aspies and autties are averse to loud noises such as...kids screaming.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/multimedia ... 09751a.pdf

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 9:07 am

voss749 wrote:

The guy is a dick who deserves singnificant jail time BUT should we be giving parents with autistic kids a free pass for
whatever bad behavior their children engage in??? Were not talking about fidgeting,
were talking about screaming. Its not like its an airplane, the father could have easily

btw: Some aspies and autties are averse to loud noises such as...kids screaming.

But some of the more severe autistics can only scream (out of frustration or whatnot). I'll admit that this would tick me off too, but if the kid is autistic, it likely can't be helped. But the father should have something inkling of an idea what does/doesn't set his kid off screaming (granted, it could be the locale that may have triggered it).

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 5:24 pm

voss749 wrote:

Nowhere in either the news artcle in the OP nor in the police report you linked does it say the boy was screaming. It merely says he was "noisy".

There are so many threads about how horrible it is that NTs pounce on the things that autistic people do and label it "bad behaviour". So many threads where people have gotten flak or fired for all the things the NT world deems "bad behaviour". I'm not advocating a free pass for anyone to engage in actual attacking behaviour just because of autism. But "noisy"? It doesn't say anywhere that the child was screaming or that he was upset and in need of calming. He was just "noisy". A happy autistic child can vertainly be "noisy". Tolerance for difference starts in places like this restaurant, where a kid can be different without it being "bad behaviour". Lots of autistic kids have noisy stims. There is no reason to assume the kid was screaming and in need of calming just because this guy went ballistic over it.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 5:26 pm

PlatedDrake wrote:
voss749 wrote:

But some of the more severe autistics can only scream (out of frustration or whatnot). I'll admit that this would tick me off too, but if the kid is autistic, it likely can't be helped. But the father should have something inkling of an idea what does/doesn't set his kid off screaming (granted, it could be the locale that may have triggered it).

It doesn't say that the kid was screaming or that he was upset. It says the attacker said the kid was "making too much noise". I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that this means he was screaming in frustration. Lots of autistic kids have noisy stims.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 5:36 pm

voss749 wrote:

Why is it that the report says the kid was 11 years old but the news article says he was 4?

@MONIQUE if anyone calls you a troll, just report them to the mods.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 5:49 pm

League_Girl wrote:
voss749 wrote:

Why is it that the report says the kid was 11 years old but the news article says he was 4?

@MONIQUE if anyone calls you a troll, just report them to the mods.

thanks i keep that in mine. :D

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 11:59 am

Not commenting on the article, but restaurants would do well to have kids corners that you could seat yourself far away from and not have to listen to their screaming.

One of the reasons why i have to adapt my restaurant habits, i.e. Pizza Hut at late lunchhour is out of the question. Some restaurants have specific grown up lunches on the weekends, bring a kid and you'll get rejected at the door.