Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KansasFound
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Aug 2010, 9:17 pm

Variant wrote:
You're basically just asking who else is nocturnal, I made a topic about that some months back that has become quite lengthy:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt128933.html

Nocturnal may be a possibility, but I have noticed that, at least for me, the difference is the sensory around me. I get to the office I work at at 7 in the morning to have those first two hours be tranquil and devoid of constant noise and is very much like the feeling I get when I am alone at night.

After the three concussion I had from 2005-2007 I most certainly could have been labeled nocturnal, or perhaps a insomniac as I had serious sleep issues and at least three times a month I'd be up for over 40 hours straight. Those were not fun times!

My blog: http://lifeontheothersideofthewall.blogspot.com

Author of Finding Kansas: Decoding the Enigma of Asperger's Syndrome www.findingkansas.com

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 2:54 pm

Great website link......I can be most creative during lack of sleep and sometimes this can be when I am most inventive. Insomnia has it's merits. Next, not to be contrived < Lab Pet shy attack here > BUT, below are the lyrics "copied & pasted," in reference to John Nash's un-sleeping and related. Might be applicable just now......For any who are interested, please listen on YouTube:

A Beautiful Mind "All Love Can Be" by James Horner (from the film) - sung by Charlotte Church:

I will watch you in the darkness
Show you love will see you through
When the bad dreams wake you crying
I'll show you all love can do
All love can do

I will watch through the night
Hold you in my arms
Give you dreams where no one will be
I will watch through the dark
Till the morning comes

For the lights will take you
Through the night to see
All love, showing us all love can be

I will guard you with my bright wings
Stay till your heart learns to see
All love can be

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I understand Autistic Spectrum Disorder individuals have significant differences in REM; esp. that our REM sessions are longer and far fewer between, in accordance with our other neurological differences which may make sleep confounding. The specifics remain an unknown. Curious, yes?

Next, entirely separate note: Apologies, quasi-PM here (!) but...criss, I sent you a PM a while back - unsure if you are aware. Check your inbox. Thanks.

yellowLedbetter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2010, 10:50 am

LOL I know this is completely irrelevant but - to the person who posted/wrote that - I also work at TouchPoint and live in St. Louis!! I just started there about a month ago.

Anyway, yes I do share that trait. I have trouble sleeping, and when I'm lying awake I can come up with some really interesting stuff to write.

Fluke83
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2010, 3:34 pm

I think I what you mean. :)

Currently I'm a shift worker, working nights and evenings exclusively, but even when I worked mostly daytime I stayed up after everyone else had gone to bed, not only because it felt more natural for me to be awake at night, but also because of that lovely feeling of having the house quiet and somewhat to myself.

I also do this on my days off usually, unless I'm totally knackered for some reason, both to keep the cycle up and to "use the house" as I call it.

When everyone else is up (my parents and my 6 yo. daughter) I'm mostly just occupying space. When they all are asleep I cook, use the living room, shower and are actually enjoying myself instead of just going throught the motions out of necessity.

Eating during the day I do merely for necessary sustenance, at night I enojy meals.
I do the necessary cleaning before I go to work, at night I relax with long hot showers, some times just because I want to.
I'm more relaxed in general and might even hum quietly as I putter around simply "using the house" in a way I can't otherwise.

Yes, I like nights for that reason :)

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 7:15 pm

KansasFound wrote:
I wrote on my blog today about how different I feel when I am up in the middle of the night. The story can be found at http://lifeontheothersideofthewall.blog ... night.html but if you don't want to read the whole thing I will say that I feel much more active when no one else in the house is up. Processing all the noise when others are around is tiring, but in the middle of the night I only have my thoughts without interference from other.
I liked reading your blog link, your entries were fascinating. :D
I especially liked where you mentioned the presentations for the police, I am thinking about going into Law Enforcement, so I read these with great interest 8)

Back to the topic at hand:
I feel more calmer being awake in the middle of the night, then I do during the day. I also feel calmer when it's an overcast day, so I think it might have something to do with sensitivity to light. Plus at night there are no people, no extra noises, just calmness and quiet. I can also deal with people better when there isn't too much light. :P

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 7:18 pm

I am up very early and morning is my brightest time.

ruveyn