Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

magic
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2006, 11:50 am

A couple of days ago I was traveling with my girlfriend on a bus. It was a double decker, and we sat in the first row on the upper deck, so we could look at the road through the windshield. When the bus departed my girlfriend started reading a book, while I occuppied myself by reading the signs on the road and studying the map. Next to us sat a fat boy, maybe around 12 years old, who observed the road intensely, and read the signs aloud to himself. At the border checkpoint he went to his mother, who was seated at the back of the bus, but later he returned. At one point his mother came and sat with him for around an hour. During that time he talked to her uninterruptibly, and her replies were mostly "aha" or "uh uh". Then he again sat quietly alone, tapping with his fingers from time to time. Five hours passed and we were approaching our destination. When I was putting my shoes back on I noticed that the boy was doing the same.

Of course, I can't tell if our "aspie boy" was really an aspie, but...

costre
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 May 2006, 11:59 am

I was that boy :wink:

No, really ... How much is there to do on a bus? And it seems it was one hella long ride, if he forgot his comics or whatever what is he supposed to do?

Allthough, a busdrivers dream must be a bus full of aspies ... if they all behaved like him ... which the most certainly wouldn't :lol:

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2006, 4:12 pm

Not the exact same sort of situation but not long ago, a couple of girls were in the seats behind me on the bus.

They were reading out every sign aloud as well as they passed them. Definitely not Aspies, but their reading out of the signs was irreverent and clearly belay that they'd think someone interested in signs was 'out there'. That would be me then.

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 May 2006, 9:22 pm

i never read aloud the road signs

i sat on the bus looking out for yellow cars
every time a yellow car came by i shouted YELLOW CAR!! and slapped myself on the thigh ! ! lol

i take magazines on the bus and sit at the back, 0r my mp3 player so to distract myself from playing yellow car.. which i still do when alone on the bus an im 22 next month

DrGonzo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 May 2006, 11:27 pm

The last time i was on a bus we drove by the White House and i got to see Bill Clinton getting ready for a press conference. Because of that, the tour of the White House was cancelled but at least we got to see the president.

magic
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2006, 4:47 am

costre wrote:
How much is there to do on a bus? And it seems it was one hella long ride, if he forgot his comics or whatever what is he supposed to do?

That ride took approximately 5 hours, and was one of the shortest we took during our trip. The longest was 18 hours. Looking out the window is the best thing to do on the bus, obviously. ;)