Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2010, 6:34 pm

ok, so I found this awesome dress I want
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gray-Grunge-Gothic- ... WC_Dresses

Its reallllly coooool... but logic states that I can't wear a normal bra with it because straps would show... so could go braless (bad since its a thin material .___.) or get a strapless bra... which I've tried some on at store and are insanely uncomfortable............ >_<! !!

Are there any alternatives? Or any style(?) of strapless bras that are more comfortable? is it that terrible to go braless? >_< just really awkward and stuff... but I hate a bra so muuuuch, or is it terrible to have bra straps showing? .___. (I mean mine does pop out all the time from my tank tops, but least its usually hidable...)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 6:46 pm

I don't care if my bra straps show. Women wear them so I don't see why it be bad to have them showing.

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 6:53 pm

first - I like that dress!! I love steampunk style clothes. There's some great steampunk stuff on pyramidcollection.com too...

second - there are some very comfortable strapless bras, or you could try a convertable bra and play around with the straps to see if it would work.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 7:36 pm

maybe pasties?

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2010, 9:30 pm

What are pasties?

I don't know... think ima get, then find something after I own it...

but now I have to choose between gray or purple
http://cgi.ebay.com/PURPLE-Steampunk-Go ... WC_Dresses
or even green...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

guess I could just get gray, and go back for purple later if its comfy/foundanansweraboutbraissue

Why can't we just wear clothes.. why we have to wear boob monsters? T_T

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 10:18 pm

Cool!! Where were these styles when I was forced to wear dresses? A black bra would probably go with it and people would probably think it was integral.

n4mwd
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 10:42 pm

With that dress, I think the idea is to go braless. If you look at the photo, I think the nipples are supposed to show through. That is, after all, a goth dress.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2010, 11:05 pm

Idk, from looking at the dress, seems to me that t would look fine if you wore like a black bra with it. It already appears to have some random thin straps on the dress like that one that goes diagonally across the front and the small ones on each shoulder, so a dark colored bra strap might just blend right in.
Or perhaps choose a color to compliment the grey if not blend with it?

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 8:00 am

Tsiiki wrote:
What are pasties?

I don't know... think ima get, then find something after I own it...

but now I have to choose between gray or purple
http://cgi.ebay.com/PURPLE-Steampunk-Go ... WC_Dresses
or even green...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

guess I could just get gray, and go back for purple later if its comfy/foundanansweraboutbraissue

Why can't we just wear clothes.. why we have to wear boob monsters? T_T

Just these little sticky things you put on your nipples to keep them from showing. :D

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 9:40 am

You could get a black bra with detachable straps (ie. a convertible bra) and then replace the black straps with straps that are clear rubber. Viola! Invisible straps! You should be able to buy these additional straps at any lingerie store.

If you wish to go braless the "pastie" option might be a go. I wore square stick on bandages on my nipples for my formal dress many years ago.

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Aug 2010, 10:20 am

There are lingerie tapes that you can use to tape up your breasts under revealing dresses (stars use these with very low cut or backless styles).

However, given how strappy the dress is already, I'd just buy a low cut black bra with really pretty, lacy straps and wear that under it with the straps showing.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 10:49 am

Tsiiki wrote:
ok, so I found this awesome dress I want
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gray-Grunge-Gothic- ... WC_Dresses

Its reallllly coooool... but logic states that I can't wear a normal bra with it because straps would show... so could go braless (bad since its a thin material .___.) or get a strapless bra... which I've tried some on at store and are insanely uncomfortable............ >_<! !!

Are there any alternatives? Or any style(?) of strapless bras that are more comfortable? is it that terrible to go braless? >_< just really awkward and stuff... but I hate a bra so muuuuch, or is it terrible to have bra straps showing? .___. (I mean mine does pop out all the time from my tank tops, but least its usually hidable...)

what about a racer back bra, the dress has a racer back so it may not show?

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 4:55 pm

Another alternative is bandaid the nipples if that is why you're uncomfortable w/o a bra.

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Aug 2010, 6:01 pm

Use duct tape! :D But you may not be like my grandma was back in the day... so I'd stick with pasties. :wink:

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Aug 2010, 6:12 pm

I guess the best way would be to get the dress and bring it to a store w/ me and try out different solutions....

the bandaid/tape stuff sounds interesting... but if you could see the nipples that much, wouldn'tcha be able to see the bandaid ends?

I'm also tempted to possibly get some rivet straps and make my own brastraps to match

or just get a tailor to amend the dress to having a built in bra/padding thingy so I dont have to wear a bra, and it'll look right (I could try myself too... we'll see)

so I guess I should just get it, and see!

More options are always useful though xD

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 9:45 pm

They make bras with clear plastic straps. Those don't show unless someone is either very, very close to you or looking for them. That might be an option.

Not all goth dresses are meant to be slu*ty, you know. I'm a goth and I don't own any dresses like that!