Page 1 of 14 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Katharsistwo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Aug 2010, 1:59 am

Now what do you prefer on Ground zero: a mosque or a gay-bar?

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 2:00 am

Katharsistwo wrote:

I don't care. Could we have both? Perhaps a gay-bar/mosque?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 2:23 am

How about both? Just burn all those god damned churches down, please.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 2:32 am

Katharsistwo wrote:

At least the gay bar wouldn't attract closet militants to visit Manhattan.

Or just put a gay bar really close by that serves up some really first rate BBQ pork and name Mohamed's. Then get additional parking space on the opposite side of the mosque so that there are things like drag queens and and the leather crowd walking by in front of the mosque. :twisted:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 2:38 am

John_Browning wrote:

If attracting militants is our problem then we should just ban republicans.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 2:47 am

skafather84 wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

I don't know what you would expect to accomplish by that. NYC is a very liberal place and the militants keep trying to attack it. Are you just trolling?

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Mutate
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2010, 4:46 am

Katharsistwo wrote:

you mean there's a difference between the two? I have heard from the south that homosexuality in the US is a middle eastern conspiracy. 8)

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 2:03 pm

John_Browning wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

I don't know what you would expect to accomplish by that. NYC is a very liberal place and the militants keep trying to attack it. Are you just trolling?

NYC is only targeted so much because of its large population size and the fact its home to banking and media industries. Hit New York, get the attention of the world and its money. The fact it has liberals doesn't do much anything. If anything, this Muslim vs. Christian war is much more deeply rooted in the devout Christian conservative areas away from the Northeast and West Coast. But these areas are too sparsely populated and insignificant on the world stage to be significant targets.

I would assume he's making an argument on Republicans needing to be banned simply because of the authoritarian, Christian based wings of the party - many of whom want to see a Christian based theocracy in America similar to the Muslim style theocracies in the middle east. The only thing is, these people largely have not taken over power roles in government here while they have in places like Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc...

Mutate
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2010, 2:27 pm

Quartz11 wrote:

NYC is only targeted so much because of its large population size and the fact its home to banking and media industries. .

and the jews.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 3:02 pm

Katharsistwo wrote:

---

Well, ground zero is a large area so in addition to the above two choices, there also could be space for the Democrat Party to register new voters and the Republican Party to register new voters and then have all of the previous blessed by several non-profit, tax-exempt religions like Mormonism, Scientology, and Italian Catholicism. That way everyone is included. Oh, I forgot - there could be a booth representing the US military and enrolling new candidates for service in the armed forces too. There also could be a booth for the Michelle Obama's vow to eliminate all fat USA children within twenty years - her anti-child obesity campaign. American children must be raised with the right values and looking good like those in Hollywood is a given.

Words

Humor
Mad Magazine
The Onion
Saturday Night Live
The Simpsons (TV show about a typical American family)
Theatre of the Absurd

http://www.beliefnet.com/

Mutate
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2010, 3:33 pm

Well I had to listen to my dad ranting today in the car after he heard on the radio there would be a "muslims temple" built on ground zero. I think in his imagination there will be a huge mosque with 2 huge towers as large as the trade center. And the mosque will be decorated with the bones of dead republican americans. In the inner mosque of the chamber the sinister "secret Muslim" Obama will sit, laughing as he remembers the glorious day he planned 9/11 and framed Bin Laden, while outside sword wielding Arab guards force Christians to convert. The money from good Christian US business will go to his new islamic regime.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 3:48 pm

Mutate wrote:
Quartz11 wrote:

NYC is only targeted so much because of its large population size and the fact its home to banking and media industries. .

and the jews.

Especially.

ruveyn

DenvrDave
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 3:53 pm

Since the 9/11 attacks were religiously motivated, wouldn't it be an insult to put a mosque at ground zero? Am I missing something?

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 3:54 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Mutate wrote:
Quartz11 wrote:

and the jews.

Especially.

ruveyn

1.8 million out of 21. How much of a factor is that really?

As said, huge population - has a lot of everything.

Mutate
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2010, 4:41 pm

but they might be the elite that controls it all, like in that "protocols of zion" book.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 4:48 pm

i can see why a mosque would be controversial, but where does a gay bar come into this?