Why does your God recieve special treatment?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 12:46 pm

I had a similar discussion with my mother. I pretty much said something along the lines of "I already have one father that does nothing for me, why do I nee another absent Father?" She now refers to me as a heathen. "You think that you're so smart just because you're going to college. God will still judge you!" Personally, I don't really care. I'm in this state where I believe in a Maker, I just don't respect the oppressive nature of most religions. :/

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 8:56 pm

LiendaBalla wrote:
Quote:
The foundation of religion is (control).

What about that for edit? :P

well yeah, you have to control people's behaviour somehow, and religion was a clever thing to do that.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 8:36 am

Erisad wrote:
I had a similar discussion with my mother. I pretty much said something along the lines of "I already have one father that does nothing for me, why do I nee another absent Father?" She now refers to me as a heathen. "You think that you're so smart just because you're going to college. God will still judge you!" Personally, I don't really care. I'm in this state where I believe in a Maker, I just don't respect the oppressive nature of most religions. :/

I think you basically left her without any argument to make, that was a very good point you brought. Anyway, you are a heathen because you do not acknowledge her god.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 8:36 am

Erisad wrote:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 9:00 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
Erisad wrote:
I had a similar discussion with my mother. I pretty much said something along the lines of "I already have one father that does nothing for me, why do I need another absent Father?" She now refers to me as a heathen. "You think that you're so smart just because you're going to college. God will still judge you!" Personally, I don't really care. I'm in this state where I believe in a Maker, I just don't respect the oppressive nature of most religions. :/

I think you basically left her without any argument to make, that was a very good point you brought. Anyway, you are a heathen because you do not acknowledge her god.

That's what I think happened. She'd never admit to it though. :)

Oh noes. I are a heathen, whatever shall I do? Go out drinking with my friends I guess. XD