Old high school friend/facebook friend.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

foreveryoung
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2010, 7:01 am

I tried avoiding contact with an old friend for years for a number of reasons, one being that I think he's trouble and that his lifestyle doesn't mesh with mine...he's one of those white rapper types, even though he has a good job, doesn't dress like a white gangster or anything, but he talks like it. I ran into him a few years ago and he thinks he's enimem or something. He also just rubs me the wrong way. So when he tried to add me on facebook, I blocked him. The problem is, he added my brother and asked where I was. After a while (not sure why) I decided to unblock him and just add him, but not pay much attention to him.

We talked on facebook chat the other night, and I mentioned how I met a couple girls who didn't speak english when I was on vacation (they're facebook friends)...so last night around 3:30 am I get a post on my wall saying "Me no speaky English. That's ok, we'll have a fun night anyway :-)" or something like that.

Anyway, the first thing I did, was simply delete it, message him, saying "I'm not sure if you were wasted, but you can't be posting messages like that on my wall. My family reads it."

If it were up to me, I'd never talk to this guy again. But I feel that now deleting him (especially since he's on my brother's buddy list and he'll know something's up) will do more harm than good.

One thing's for sure, I'm glad I didn't tell him about any of my problems or Aspergers or anything I've been through since high school. All we talked for the most part was women.

Anyway, so how should I handle the situation without causing a commotion?

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 8:29 am

I think you handled it well enough. You deleted the comment and pm'd him. If he does it again, then delete him, but for the moment, just forget about it and remember not to trust him with anything from now on.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2010, 11:05 pm

He was probably just trying to be friendly and the wall post was probably just his way of letting you know he remembered the conversation you had earlier, kinda like an inside joke. I have friends who say things that would seem inappropriate to other people when they see me in person or talk to me on Facebook, but are really just part of some inside joke.