Do cold hearted aspies admire political "monsters"

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 11:22 am

nogard wrote:
but hey , then again , i have heard it said that ;

"all aspergers are atheistic monsters who have no feelings at all and are incapable of human love". :D

and aspies wonder why people think AS types would like politcal monsters???? :o

"why would god even allow aspergers to be born , if he knows they will become atheists?" ....... heard that one too :D

depends on who you're asking , i suppose. :wink:

no war crimes trials for the winners ...................general rule of thumb on earth :lol:

Its a very subjective issue, define 'political monster'

One mans dictator is another man's hero.

In this posters view the biggest political monsters are the ones in charge of the USA/EU/UK/Israel/The financial institutions.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 11:24 am

nogard wrote:
what the usa did to Gaddafi was the opposite of democracy :cry:
y:

The reason they wanted Gaddafi dead is because they know he wouldve won any impartial election.

The NTC/NATO could only seize by force what they could not claim by right. At the very least he deserved a trial like Saddam, the scumbags didnt even give him that.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 11:25 am

I've often wondered about the psychology of people in the arms trade - particularly the designers and engineers. Do they want to design weapons in the first place, and so do the requisite learning? Or do they want to do something other than design a contraption that can really f**k people up, but just fall into it?

This 'Asperger's = reason incarnated' thing is such BS.

This fantasy of 'rational' is itself highly emotive.

I have emotions aplenty - too much for my liking. I have Alexithymia, I get depersonalised quite a bit and tend to dissociate (occasionally wilffuly, mostly it just happens). It doesn't make me more 'rational', but it does make a lot of life harder to negotiate. In a crisis, I can sometimes dissociate and keep calmer, which is helpful. That's about it. Otherwise, it is likely to make me more 'irrational', as I am not fully aware of all that I should be, and so find it harder to come to an appropriate solution.

Politics - a 'monster' is typically one who goes against 'our' interests. Otherwise it's, 'yes, they are strict, but the situation is volatile, it could be worse' etc. Those who can sit in charge of the world as it is, with the misery and suffering their rules and actions cause, and still sleep at night, are 'monsters'. Brutality abounds, but it's systemic, so it's not noteworthy. It is precisely the brutality that can't be subsumed into the system that shocks.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 11:53 am

Mutate wrote:
Do you think there is more chance for aspies, in their robotic, logical, unemotional way, to admire leaders who do evil as a means to their end. For instance I liked reading about Saddam Hussien and I know a few aspies who like Stalin. I also liked crime lords like Pablo Escobar who was very evil and had hundreds of cops killed but was still loved by many in South Americas who thought he improved things.

I don't really think that applies to everyone with AS....I wouldn't really describe myself as cold hearted or unemotional...though I can come off as a bit robotic since it can be hard to actually express much emotion but i do feel it. Anyways I do actually find such individuals intriguing, not because I like that sort of behavior but its interesting to look into especially if one can look into why they do what they do and what leads to them getting in power like how they get enough support and all that.

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 12:04 pm

Mutate wrote:
Do you think there is more chance for aspies, in their robotic, logical, unemotional way, to admire leaders who do evil as a means to their end. For instance I liked reading about Saddam Hussien and I know a few aspies who like Stalin. I also liked crime lords like Pablo Escobar who was very evil and had hundreds of cops killed but was still loved by many in South Americas who thought he improved things.

"Like" as in find them interesting to read about, or "like" as in admire their actions? These are two different things.

I object to the generalization that aspies are robotic, logical, and unemotional. We aren't all that way, not even close.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 3:13 pm

You are a complete troll. Go crawl back under your bridge and DIE, no one will miss you.

25 Sep 2012, 3:30 pm

DO NOT feed trolls by responding to them, lostonearth35! Ignore them until they start spamming and try to harass you via PM and then they'll get banned. 8)

Speaking of political monsters, I have always had a morbid fascination with Croatian Nazi dictator Anton "Ante" Pavelic. Better known as the Poglavnik(fuehrer). He slaughtered nearly 1,000,000 people but the exact number will never be known. And while he didn't have the opportunity to kill as many as Nazi Germany did under Hitler, he made up for it by torturing his victims to death at Europe's most gruesome concentration camp: Jasenovac. :twisted:

His government came to power through a militia know as the Ustaše; which is Croatian for "insurrection". This was the Croatian equivalent of the SS which came to power in 1932 and established the internationally unrecognized Independent State of Croatia. Pavelic enthusiastically supported the *final solution*. His motivation wasn't racial, it was religious: The Jews had resisted conversion to Christianity and needed to be annihilated. The orthodox Serbs would also be annihilated to restore Croatia to a 100% Catholic nation.

During the early 1940s he organized one of the bloodiest pogroms of the 20the century where the Jews of Zagreb were rounded up by a Croatian mob and then disemboweled alive(or hacked to death with machetes)and whole pieces of their bodies placed in a butcher shop with the label "Košer mice"(kosher meat). :skull:

Grizzly stuff.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 11:32 pm

What's with all the necroing lately? Why are posters delving into the brackish depths of the PPR archives and dredging up these ancient threads from days of yore?

Not that I have a problem with necroing per se, just curious why it's been all over PPR these past few days.

Most of the necroing seems to be being done by fairly new posters. Not sure if it's the same person.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 2:25 am

AspieRogue wrote:
DO NOT feed trolls by responding to them, lostonearth35! Ignore them until they start spamming and try to harass you via PM and then they'll get banned. 8)

Speaking of political monsters, I have always had a morbid fascination with Croatian Nazi dictator Anton "Ante" Pavelic. Better known as the Poglavnik(fuehrer). He slaughtered nearly 1,000,000 people but the exact number will never be known. And while he didn't have the opportunity to kill as many as Nazi Germany did under Hitler, he made up for it by torturing his victims to death at Europe's most gruesome concentration camp: Jasenovac. :twisted:

His government came to power through a militia know as the Ustaše; which is Croatian for "insurrection". This was the Croatian equivalent of the SS which came to power in 1932 and established the internationally unrecognized Independent State of Croatia. Pavelic enthusiastically supported the *final solution*. His motivation wasn't racial, it was religious: The Jews had resisted conversion to Christianity and needed to be annihilated. The orthodox Serbs would also be annihilated to restore Croatia to a 100% Catholic nation.

During the early 1940s he organized one of the bloodiest pogroms of the 20the century where the Jews of Zagreb were rounded up by a Croatian mob and then disemboweled alive(or hacked to death with machetes)and whole pieces of their bodies placed in a butcher shop with the label "Košer mice"(kosher meat). :skull:

Grizzly stuff.

Disemboweled?!?!
Why haven't I heard of this guy before? Was he hidden away as Croatia's dirty little secret?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 2:28 am

AspieRogue wrote:
Hanotaux wrote:
I think there's even more of a chance for AS people to become those leaders, like hitler............(at least before Mass-media._

Hitler was NOT an aspie! In many ways, he was the complete opposite. He had capability of being highly charismatic and inspiring, not unlike Charles Manson and Jim Jones.

Mutate wrote:

I agree especially his monologing about the jews.

What Hitler did was whip up antisemitism in order to use it as a political tool to unite the rich and poor against the middle class. He knew it was there so he wrote monologues that were convincing. Sometimes crazy people with insane ideas have the charisma to convince the masses to go alone with them. If anything, Hitler was probably manic-depressive. When he was a in good mood, he was highly gregarious and rather charming. When he was a bad mood, he was angry and violent.

While manic-depression may have played a role in Hitler's psychological makeup, I tend to think if he lived today, he'd be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer